cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing and Drop Shipping

What's the best way to find best selling products and then find them from another source and have them drop shipped?

I have in the past been able to list stuff but then when it come to "sourcing" the product or another words buying it from another source at lesser price so that I could make a profit and have it drop shipped to the buyer I've struck out.

Thanks in advanced for any helpful response/s

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Listing and Drop Shipping

Drop shipping is a gamble. You have no control over inventory, if you sell something that is out of stock, is not good for your seller performance. Too many out of stock cancellations spells doom for a seller. 

Buying products from other places to be sent to your buyer is not allowed and can also be a problem for you. Since you wouldn't be able to show proof to eBay that the items are in your possession, such as a receipt. 
Read the policy on Drop Shipping

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Drop shipping has always seemed like more trouble than it's worth. The margins are slim & hardly seem worth the added issues that can (and will) arise 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@2013pdntspad123 wrote:

What's the best way to find best selling products and then find them from another source and have them drop shipped?

I have in the past been able to list stuff but then when it come to "sourcing" the product or another words buying it from another source at lesser price so that I could make a profit and have it drop shipped to the buyer I've struck out.

What you've described isn't allowed on ebay. 

You need to own the items you're selling before dropshipping them. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You will have to search that on the new yourself.  I don't expect too many sellers to give that away.   There are many whole sale places on the net you can buy from.  The problem is you have to buy 5000 dollars or more of a single item.  Could be the pits if you did and could not sell very much of it.

You can try garage sales and local flea-markets for items.   Start small, or you could get your clock cleaned.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

First one would need to identify the top sellers. To do that, you can try WatchCount.com. It breaks down best sellers by item and category.

As for sourcing, that will require your own homework. Most sellers guard that info as proprietary.

Drop shipping in the traditional sense is allowed, but not retail arbitrage. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply