cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing Variations Question

eBay wants a single listing using Variations .

I have a question, what if you do not have unlimited items on variations.

Example I have 22 Black and 24 Silver Remote Controls

I would not want to put 46 Total for Black and Silver 

Because someone might want 46 Silver Items

When I only have 24 Silver ones and 22 Black ones.

Can I list how many in each Variation ? 24 Silver and 22 Black ?

Also:

I was wanting to sell some items with only a very slight Variation item to item.

Can I have 50 Items with 50 Variations of the Same Item  ? With Only 1 Item per Variation ? With a Picture showing that Variation ?

Example 50 Tie Dye Tshirts Exactly the same except for a very slight difference in each one ? That you

could only see by looking at Photos.

I was going to put 50 individual Listings like that, But it does not look like that would work.

And No, I would not want to do one listing showing one photo and saying each one is slightly different. 

Because that slight difference is all the difference in the world.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@billydurham wrote:

eBay wants a single listing using Variations . ...Can I list how many in each Variation ? 24 Silver and 22 Black ?...

Yes, that is the whole point of the variations format: It will show a specific quantity available for each color.

@billydurham wrote:... Can I have 50 Items with 50 Variations of the Same Item  ? With Only 1 Item per Variation ? With a Picture showing that Variation ?

Example 50 Tie Dye Tshirts Exactly the same except for a very slight difference in each one ? That you

could only see by looking at Photos.... that slight difference is all the difference in the world....

IIRC, the limit is 30. 

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/listing-variations.html

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@billydurham wrote:

Can I have 50 Items with 50 Variations of the Same Item  ? With Only 1 Item per Variation ? With a Picture showing that Variation ?

could only see by looking at Photos.

You can attach a picture to each variation.

I was going to put 50 individual Listings like that, But it does not look like that would work.

In a situation like that, I would probably only list 5 or 10 at a time. Otherwise it would be too overwhelming. (or a few of each size)

jmo

And No, I would not want to do one listing showing one photo and saying each one is slightly different. 

Because that slight difference is all the difference in the world.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply