cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing Tool Problems, html link causing problems maybe? Used to work just fine!

Is anyone else having problems with the listing tool lately? If I try to Revise or Relist an item, the Description field shows up as blank; switching between Standard or html makes no difference. If I go ahead and 'subimit" anyway, the Description is still there. But, it's impossible to edit when you can't see what is there! I know at least some of these are listings that I had added a html link in the description to my other items for sale on ebay...not an external link. But I was able to revise those listings without any problems prior to this week.

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Listing Tool Problems, html link causing problems maybe? Used to work just fine!

@sandypurinsHere's a couple: 252285133046  252278461969

Just for the fun of it, I tried putting the html link into this message (using the html tab), and switched back to the Rich Text tab, and it worked just fine.

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

@dktoss wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

try clearing cache and being sure browser is up to date........if still doesn't work try a different browser.....

I had a problem with description a while ago and it was the browser ..........once I  updated, could see everthing fine.......

Embarassing for a company who calls themselves a tech company. The browser or version shouldnt matter, since they know exactly which browser and version you are running.

All browsers are not equal nor are they programmed the same.  The Ebay programming has to meet the needs of the browser program and that is not always on target.  For example, for years I used Explorer.  I really liked it, but it got to where Ebay frequently would have issues displaying properly when I used that browser.  I got tired of trying to fix whatever problem I ran across and I moved to Chrome a few years back.  Since then it is very rare for me to run into some issue between my browser and Ebay.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 17 of 24
latest reply

@katescloset15 wrote:

@sandypurinsHere's a couple: 252285133046  252278461969

Just for the fun of it, I tried putting the html link into this message (using the html tab), and switched back to the Rich Text tab, and it worked just fine.

@katescloset15

When I copy/paste your HTML into one of my listings, I don't get any of the errors you're experiencing.  Try this... pick one of the listings which has this problem and save the description text in a txt file on your hard drive.

Then go in to revise the item description and "right click - select all - delete" the entire description from the text box.  Next, enter some text plus your HTML link and switch over to the Standard tab... does the description still disappear?

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

Yep, still disappears 😞

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

You can post about it in the weekly chat happening right now.

Up top click discussion boards --> weekly chat with ebay staff

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

Thanks for the tip! Griff is now on the case...

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

@katescloset15 wrote:

Thanks for the tip! Griff is now on the case...

You are sure to get a resolution within minutes!!

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

Same problem on both the new lisitng tool and the advanced listing tool. Now that the quick listing tool is permanetely gone except for new users. There is no way to list or relist anything. I have called 3 times about this in the past 2 day.  I cannot swith between auction and Buy now listings and everything automatically saves to draft multiple times and then relists, if I can get that far. Ebay cannot do it either, they have tried to list on my account with me on the phone and it is not working either. Really, really disgusted. Why on earth would you take away the only listing tool that is working (Quick listing) and that is truly a million times quicker, when your other tools are not working at all?  The guy at ebay did not even know that Quick listing will be gone forever, when I called the last time, he had to put me on hold and talk to a supervisor to confirm what I was told last night. The only way that we can get the Quick listing tool back is by calling and filing a complaint (which the customer service reps encouraged because they use this tool too) to upper management and ask that this tool be reinstated. The other tools are designed for bulk listing and are 100% more time consuming and never work right. I have never had the advanced listing tool in proper working order in the 2 years that I have been selling. About ready to give up wasting my time on something that just doesn't make sense anymore. Please call ebay and state your concerns if you would like the Quick listing tool back.

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

I've been having a problem with this for two weeks now.

After reading about your problem, I tried just using a generic title instead of a detailed one.

And it worked!  For some reason it wasn't accepting my detailed title, so I just put a generic title "dinner bowl" in the title and it went right on through to the next steps.  

I changed the title to the detailed title right before I listed it, and it worked!

Message 24 of 24
latest reply