cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing Restricts UK Delivery Through Ebay Global Shipping

Does anyone know of any possible reasons an item would be restricted from being shipped via the Ebay global Shipping Center?   I noticed it didn't have container dimesions and fixed that(transfer listing from website). Does that take long to remedy/update in the system?  Is that the problem?  Is something being flagged from the description such as materials?  For example hemp is one of the materials. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Listing Restricts UK Delivery Through Ebay Global Shipping

What is the item?  It very well may be something that is restricted from entering that country.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Possibly not allowed to ship to UK because they require a grower's license there?

Also due to legality.  I read that cannabis can get you a one year prison sentence.

I googled can export hemp to UK for info.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Many materials and type of item are restricted for GSP.  Either by Ebay or Customs.  

I sold an antique wood typewriter crate.  Customs Seized it because it was wood. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Do you know what hemp is?   You'd have to smoke a forest of it to get high. It used to be HIGHLY illegal in the US to NOT GROW IT.  My father who lived on Long Island back in the 30's and 40's used to harvest it as a kid. They used it to make liferafts. 

The item I'm selling includes some rope and the manufacturer added the word hemp to the description. I don't think there is anything wrong about the item. Hemp is a common term for a lot of rope styles. The Ebay Global Shipping Center is in Kentucky and they're pretty uptight(I use some other terms)about what you're talking about.

Hemp can be freely grows in Canada and in China but the idiots in washington and those not paying attention to the wheel but vote the same idiots into office every year overlook the incredible plant hemp actually is. It's stronger than concrete, much lighter, less dangerous and lasts longer, breathes, insect repellent, Can be structured to be hurricane and tornado proof, seeds are more nutritious than peanuts and less fuss with insects in the ground like wireworms. Ever had a raw peanut or soybean?  Nothing special about them. First copies of the Constitution are printed on hemp paper.  That's just off the top of my head. 

Really, hemp?  Let's get real.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

It things like that which make me want to become a dentist who doesn't believe in Novocaine.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Just a Halloween prop. Nothing really special about it. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@halloween-skeletons wrote:

Just a Halloween prop. Nothing really special about it. 

You know that and I know that, but obviously whomever has your package in Kentucky does not.

So that is why there is a problem.  No one here is saying it is a justified one.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

No one has it in Kentucky. someone in the UK wants to order it but in the list of countries I ship to they omit the UK. I definitely didn't omit it. I ship similar items including nooses to the UK no problem. I've come across some trigger happy words over the years. I named a product Mr Know It All and ebay flood my inbox with "Mr. Know" advertisements. Haven't sold one but I figure they're waiting for me to order from myself and me not responding to their emails is hurting my search standing. What I really can't believe is Ebay said there is no way to contact the GSC. That's funny I've talked with them many times. Is this like the Twilight Zone episode when the powerline fell on the grave and the old lady carried on with the dead(after 5 O'Clock)?  Reach out and touch someoneeeeee...

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@halloween-skeletons wrote:

Do you know what hemp is?   You'd have to smoke a forest of it to get high. It used to be HIGHLY illegal in the US to NOT GROW IT.  My father who lived on Long Island back in the 30's and 40's used to harvest it as a kid. They used it to make liferafts. 

The item I'm selling includes some rope and the manufacturer added the word hemp to the description. I don't think there is anything wrong about the item. Hemp is a common term for a lot of rope styles. The Ebay Global Shipping Center is in Kentucky and they're pretty uptight(I use some other terms)about what you're talking about.

Hemp can be freely grows in Canada and in China but the idiots in washington and those not paying attention to the wheel but vote the same idiots into office every year overlook the incredible plant hemp actually is. It's stronger than concrete, much lighter, less dangerous and lasts longer, breathes, insect repellent, Can be structured to be hurricane and tornado proof, seeds are more nutritious than peanuts and less fuss with insects in the ground like wireworms. Ever had a raw peanut or soybean?  Nothing special about them. First copies of the Constitution are printed on hemp paper.  That's just off the top of my head. 

Really, hemp?  Let's get real.

I'd like to mention that yes, I know what hemp is.  You yourself, OP, wondered if that was the reason, although you now state you don't believe there is anything wrong with the item!  The info I posted I found through googling, can hemp be exported to the UK.  That was your question in your OP.   Plain and simple.  It doesn't matter what anyone thinks, it is the export rules and rules of the country item is sold to that are pertinent.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply