cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lesson Learned...Hopefully Others Will Benefit From This

Purchased an item on 5 July from a Seller with 80K feedbacks so figured it would not be a problem.

After 3 days, still no message of shipped? Sent a query...no response.  Sent another query next day...

Reply, "your item will be shipped within 24-48 hours after purchase and tracking will be added"

Well it had already passed that timeline so I queried again as to why no tracking or item shipped not showing...

Reply "Your item is estimated to arrive 11-12 July"...What???!?!!!

Called ebay and they confirmed I will be receiving my money back on purchase on 11 July as this seller is a "known" Bad Seller based on negative feedbacks for the very same occurences.

Ok.  Great. I get my Money Back.

My Question is why is eBay allowing this scammer to still sell...take money and never ship???

Lesson Learned...CHECK THE FEEDBACKS ON A SELLER FOR ANY PURCHASE...REGARDLESS!!!

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Lesson Learned...Hopefully Others Will Benefit From This

@siberians_forever wrote:

@*help_no_brakes* wrote:

"Was just trying to tell others to check a sellers feedbacks before buying an item..."

Your intention is very noble.

Might have been more prudent to post on the Bidding/Buying Board...just sayin

Prudent???????? as in careful??????????

this site is just a lie with instigators paid...

OMG no it isn't- why are you being so aggressive? We're all just trying to understand your problem/rant.

this is the Selling Discussion board with sellers typically participating. Buyers tend to go over to the Bidding/Buying board. Because they buy.

With all due respect to you, eBay Customer Service is notoriously deceitful and probably told you what you wanted to hear to get you off the phone.

seller's feedback is...interesting. I probably wouldn't have bought.

KayKeeCorp
Grand Ultimate Supreme
Message 16 of 35
latest reply

Lesson Learned...CHECK THE FEEDBACKS ON A SELLER FOR ANY PURCHASE...REGARDLESS!!! 

Gee, no kidding.

BTW, "expedited" indicates the class of shipping (e.g. Priority); it is not related in any way to how soon the seller puts the item in the mail.

Message 17 of 35
latest reply

Thank you for purchasing from Target! Seller:

During past month

If you have a valid comment next time............

I get criticism from what for trying help???????????

No, you're getting criticism because it hasn't even reached the estimated delivery date yet, so you have no way of knowing for sure that what you ordered won't arrive.  You're jumping the gun here.  Yes, they have a considerable number of negatives, but they also have a huge number of positives, so obviously most of the people who buy from them do in fact receive their items.  If your order never shows up, THEN you can complain.  Otherwise, just have a little bit of patience until then.

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

Thank you for purchasing from Target! Seller:

During past month

If you have a valid comment next time............

I get criticism from what for trying help???????????

No, you're getting criticism because it hasn't even reached the estimated delivery date yet, so you have no way of knowing for sure that what you ordered won't arrive.  You're jumping the gun here.  Yes, they have a considerable number of negatives, but they also have a huge number of positives, so obviously most of the people who buy from them do in fact receive their items.  If your order never shows up, THEN you can complain.  Otherwise, just have a little bit of patience until then.

Is it supposed to be delivered tomorrow? If it's delivered will the OP come back here I wonder?

because if it isn't? I KNOW they will 

KayKeeCorp
Grand Ultimate Supreme
Message 19 of 35
latest reply

@fashunu4eeuh - this: "It's just rare for them to discuss or explain their actions to members."  I was thinking the same.  I was under the impression that they did not, but perhaps things changed 

Message 20 of 35
latest reply

Ok.  Great. I get my Money Back.

My Question is why is eBay allowing this scammer to still sell...take money and never ship???

First off you are calling the seller a disparaging name which is uncalled for. Second you are putting yourself at risk of legal action when you say things about there business like they NEVER SHIP.  I am sure you mis spoke and probably meant differently,

but to answer your question about why eBay allows this seller to continue to sell on eBay?  The answer is simply that they still qualify based on the current seller standards. 

While they may pile up more than they should for INR refunds, as long as they refund before eBay steps in turns the case into a Out of stock defect.  This seller who seems to a large seller based on your report of there feedback numbers must be piling up lots of transactions to offset the few INR or OOS defects, otherwise they would fall below standard and face restirctions and suspensions.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 21 of 35
latest reply

OP, i am very sorry you took offense to my post. I promise it was not a slam. I wish you had responded instead with an answer to my question regarding the seller's handling time. The time in which the seller promises to mail your item is very pertinent to your post.

Your response surprised me. You are a seasoned ebayer, both buyer and seller. You are posting on the Selling board with advice to buyers, attacking other posters for their differing opinions and advice, and expending a good deal of angst regarding this poor buying experience as if you were a newcomer who does not know how to vet an ebay seller.  

There are no paid ebay "shills" on this board. Just other members like yourself who hope to offer something useful.

Message 22 of 35
latest reply

@kaykeecorp wrote:

Is it supposed to be delivered tomorrow? If it's delivered will the OP come back here I wonder?

because if it isn't? I KNOW they will 

It was supposed to be delivered on Friday.  I called ebay again Claims/Resolutions today to open claim.  They opened case and and contacted seller to notify them payment would be refunded due to item NOT SHIPPED.

Magically Seller uploaded tracking within the next hour and item has finally been shipped today 7 days after purchase and supposed to arrive in 2 days as per the Expedited Shipping I paid for as well.

I wonder how many other buyers he sells to that dont know how to file a claim, and this explains the 100 negative feedbacks this seller has received for the very same issue I had to deal with.

Message 23 of 35
latest reply

CS confirmed over 50 negative feedbacks alone for very same problem reported

Why would you purchase from a a seller with 50 negative feedbacks ?

Message 24 of 35
latest reply

Magically Seller uploaded tracking within the next hour and item has finally been shipped today 7 days after purchase and supposed to arrive in 2 days as per the Expedited Shipping I paid for as well.

I wonder how many other buyers he sells to that dont know how to file a claim, and this explains the 100 negative feedbacks this seller has received for the very same issue I had to deal with. 

Believe it or not there is a seller who is a regular poster here that does that very same thing on purpose. I find it bizarre but they do it to see if a buyer is an attempted scammer by filing a INR case.

Message 25 of 35
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

CS confirmed over 50 negative feedbacks alone for very same problem reported

Why would you purchase from a a seller with 50 negative feedbacks ?

1st Thats the whole point to me posting this thread...to remind buyers to check seller feedbacks on sales before buying...Yep I was stupid and forgot to do this.

2nd Your rationale about a seller doing this to detect scamner buyers in an INR makes no sense.  If a seller adds tracking and ships in required time that would never be an issue.

3rd I know exactly why some sellers do this.  Its a matter of risk verses reward.  Eat a few negative feedbacks but not too much as to get restricted...and keep the money from other sales never shipped.

Whole point being, "Check the Seller Feedbacks Before Buying...Reminder"

Message 26 of 35
latest reply

Your rationale about a seller doing this to detect scamner buyers in an INR makes no sense.  If a seller adds tracking and ships in required time that would never be an issue.

I understand but that is the point, the seller purposely does NOT put in a tracking number until AFTER a claim is filed. They think all buyers are scammers and want to see if a claim is filed.

Message 27 of 35
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

Your rationale about a seller doing this to detect scamner buyers in an INR makes no sense.  If a seller adds tracking and ships in required time that would never be an issue.

I understand but that is the point, the seller purposely does NOT put in a tracking number until AFTER a claim is filed. They think all buyers are scammers and want to see if a claim is filed.

Again that makes no sense as sellers are required to upload tracking and have it show accepted in an allotted time.

If they upload correct tracking showing it was shipped once claim is filed, they will still get a negative mark on their seller status for tracking not uploaded.

And if they only upload tracking and ship, once claim is filed and it is shown it finally shipped after claim filed...they will still get a negative mark on their seller status.

I am not a newby and also a Seller, I just forgot to to check their feedbacks on this particular purchase and that will never happen again.  And I will light this seller up with a negative feedback when and if the item finally arrives.

Message 28 of 35
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

Again that makes no sense as sellers are required to upload tracking and have it show accepted in an allotted time.

If they upload correct tracking showing it was shipped once claim is filed, they will still get a negative mark on their seller status for tracking not uploaded.

And if they only upload tracking and ship, once claim is filed and it is shown it finally shipped after claim filed...they will still get a negative mark on their seller status.

I am not a newby and also a Seller, I just forgot to to check their feedbacks on this particular purchase and that will never happen again.  And I will light this seller up with a negative feedback when and if the item finally arrives.

No they aren't. Sellers only have to upload tracking if they want to be TRS. I don't use tracking at all.

And, no, they don't get any sort of negative mark. The only negative marks you get is if you file and out of stock claim or get a case closed without seller resolution. Uploading tracking after the case is open is neither of these.

Message 29 of 35
latest reply

@ripcityresell wrote:

No they aren't. Sellers only have to upload tracking if they want to be TRS. I don't use tracking at all.

And, no, they don't get any sort of negative mark. The only negative marks you get is if you file and out of stock claim or get a case closed without seller resolution. Uploading tracking after the case is open is neither of these.

Well I rest my case.  Another Seller who does not provide tracking unless a claim of INR...and even then since you say you Never Use Tracking...You are opening yourself up to a lot of claims and selling items for FREE.

This is getting a bit off track here now from intention of Post..

Message 30 of 35
latest reply