cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving feedback as a seller

I am a long time eBay seller and buyer, and when sellers wait to see if I've left them feedback before leaving feedback from my purchase it really makes me mad.  Feedback as a seller means, the seller leaves feedback about the transaction, i.e., paid promptly, answered questions quickly, etc.  The feedback should be left for the buyer as soon as the seller receives payment or at least as soon as the item is shipped. 

Come on sellers, you can even set up automatic feedback's and you don't have to do a darn thing.  

Message 1 of 133
latest reply
132 REPLIES 132

You are correct, this is not a "really important" issued when compared to what else is going on outside my front door, but do you shop where they employees/owners of the store are rude and/or unappreciative of your business?  

With kindness back at you!

Message 76 of 133
latest reply

I guess the biggest take away from this entire thread is that because feedback is completely voluntary on both sides, opinions will always vary, and bottom line > individuals will choose what they do and don't want to do. 

In a perfect world eBay would provide an even playing field for seller's and buyers alike, but feedback aside, it is not nor likely to ever be an even playing field.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 77 of 133
latest reply

No, but neither do I crave or demand their validation.

Message 78 of 133
latest reply

yes, i think you have to do it

Message 79 of 133
latest reply

You should think twice before doing it.

Message 80 of 133
latest reply

I agree with you - but it sure seems like eBay needs to play catch-up with the way they protect their community.

Message 81 of 133
latest reply

Yes, exactly. But not that they are simply managing payments.

Message 82 of 133
latest reply

As with most things in this world, it's who you know, it's what you know. its been like that from day one.

Message 83 of 133
latest reply

i don't think so.

The feedback should be left for the buyer as soon as the seller receives payment or at least as soon as the item is shipped.

Message 84 of 133
latest reply

Thank you for taking time and explaining this to us. We appreciate that.

Message 85 of 133
latest reply

I'm with you, I always leave feedback for my buyers at the time I print out the shipping label (even for  late payers) - did it since day one and no big deal or major effort.  It is a way to to say thank you and it just might take the edge of any issue the buyer might have.  Over 1660 shipments I received 1  negative FB, less than a handful of returns and even a positive FB for a shipment that was damaged upon receipt, one buyer that tried to scam me.  In return  have received Feedback on ~ 64%  of our shipment.

And I do open or hold open the doors for the ladies and elderly.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 86 of 133
latest reply

At one time  & not so long ago  (5-6 years ago?) sellers were rated by eBay on their Feedback  score % and DSR  star ratings

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 87 of 133
latest reply

Since buyers can only be given positive feedback, not sure how much their feedback tells you about how they behaved as a buyer.  

And positive FB cannot be revised.

Message 88 of 133
latest reply

@varebelrose wrote:

I always left positive feedback for buyers as part of the shipping process, right after taping a shipping label on the package. I see it as no different than a store clerk telling a customer "Thank you for your business" at the cash register. Once a buyer has paid, they have completed everything that they are supposed to do.

I agree with you 100% and i do the same as you.  Others will argue .... why thank the customer? They might return the item. They might be a problem in the future. That's a very flawed way of thinking in my opinion. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 89 of 133
latest reply

and what is the benefit to a buyer to receive a feedback from the seller? Is it some sort of false equation to make oneself feel good?

Message 90 of 133
latest reply