cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late shipment question

I live in MO. On 12/5 I sold an item and shipped same day, destination TX. It did not get an acceptance scan or a regional facility scan. The first scan was on 12/8 telling me it had arrived in MA (the complete opposite or the direction it should have gone).

It traveled around in MA and NH for a few days (extreme east coast), finally redirected to TX on 12/10, delivered on 12/11.

eBay's expected delivery was 12/9, so it arrived late (per eBay) and of course, that's my fault. Since eBay holds the seller responsible for the performance of USPS, I now have a ding on my late delivery metric.

Here's what I don't understand: My "late shipment rate" is 0.76%, but my "tracking uploaded on time and validated" is 100%. How can it be both? If tracking is uploaded and validated on time, then obviously it was shipped on time. Does "late shipment rate" actually mean "received after eBay's estimated date"?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Late shipment question

It means it never arrived by the promised date. Don't feel bad with a 0.76% I'm carrying a 10.45%....

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Late shipment question

The TRS requirement is  (1) "tracking uploaded within your handling time", and then (2) a "validation scan" that can be at  any ol'  time. It can even be the delivery scan.  So you still get full TRS credit for the on-time upload even when the validation scan was not within your handling time..

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Late shipment question

But...the OP said  "tracking uploaded on time and validated" is 100%.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Late shipment question

@sokpop wrote:

But...the OP said  "tracking uploaded on time and validated" is 100%.

You can have that at 100% even if the validation scans were not within your handling time.    

There are two different evaluation measures baed on shipping, and it's possible to have very different scores on them, because one doesn't care about the timing of your scan, and the other is based  entirely on the timing of your scan (i.e., scan within your handling time or delivery scan within the estimated delivery date).

In this case, the seller printed his shipping label (i.e., uploaded the tracking) on the same date as the item was sold, so that's the "tracking uploaded. within your handling tme" part.  Then the package got plenty of validations scans later as the tale of its journey unfolded.   That's how he got 100% for that evaluation measure.  But for the evaluation measure that is based on the timing of the package scans, he missed both of the deadlines by not getting a scan within his handling time and not getting a delivery scan in time..

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Late shipment question

As my kids used to say, "It's not fair!!!"

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Late shipment question

Yes.

And no ding.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply