cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last Day to List Fixed Price at 30 Days, GTC Starts Tomorrow 3-18

Hi fellow eBayers & Happy Wearing of the Green Day!   Reminder that today is our last day to list those Fixed Price items at 30 days (or less). An eBay Blue told us recently that the 18th is the day for the GTC rules kick in. So list like mad while you can. Thankful for the 200 extra free listings I got a few days ago. Good luck to everyone. Change is hard but most of us made it thru the last mailing cost updates OK. Think positive that we cam survive this too.

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Last Day to List Fixed Price at 30 Days, GTC Starts Tomorrow 3-18

It started today. No more 30 days listings. Smiley Frustrated

latest reply

@escuintla wrote:

It started today. No more 30 days listings. Smiley Frustrated

I tested again today (3/18) and was able to launch a 30-day fixed price (not GTC) at 1:30pm central (Texas).  

Message 17 of 39
latest reply

I just relisted a few BIN listings on my other account. 10 days, easy-peasy.
Message 18 of 39
latest reply

I just listed 3 items at Fixed 30 days and they all went through, no GTC. Also checked my ebay "your item is listed" email and they all say "end date 4/17".  My actives list says same. I use a 3rd party listing program and usually it alerts me "can't do" like it did when they changed return duration policies for various cats. No notice.  Sure hope the bots AI don't change them to GTC midstream...but nothing surprises me anymore.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 19 of 39
latest reply

@abfabvintage wrote: ....  Sure hope the bots AI don't change them to GTC midstream...

The announcement says that non-GTC listings will end as scheduled.   

Just a few minutes ago I set up a draft listing starting from scratch with the eBay listing form, and all of the options for fixed price duration were still available.

Message 20 of 39
latest reply

So let me get this straight on the new GTC policy.  Your item will no longer pop up as it did in the 30-day environment when relisted?  It will just be out there, right. If you want a listing to pop up like a fresh listing you will have to do it manually - end and relist? Thanks for sharing.

Message 21 of 39
latest reply

GTC listings are treated like 30 day listings for purposes of the Ending Soonest search. So, as a GTC listing approaches its auto renew period (as it closes in on 30 days) it goes higher in Ending Soonest, same as a 30 day listing as it comes to the end of its 30 day period.

In Newly Listed, GTC listings appear when they are newly listed. Auto renewals are not new listings, so they don't appear in Newly Listed when they roll over.
Message 22 of 39
latest reply

I think this decision is **bleep** and as others have said, I hope it fails. It doesn't support my ebay business model. 

Message 23 of 39
latest reply

I totally Agree!
Message 24 of 39
latest reply

I still have some of the 200 left and was planning on listing many tonight.  Now it will only  let me list fixed price as good til canceled.  I did not hear about this at all so it has taken me by surprise.  It seems this will make things much more confusing for me now.  Thumbs down!

Message 25 of 39
latest reply

you better check them again , they changed mine to GTC without any notice

Message 26 of 39
latest reply

Well, it just started for me here in Texas. I was able to list 30-day fixed listings earlier this morning and afternoon but this is it. I just tested listing 30-day and I had the warning about no option but just AUCTION OR GTC.

I am so upset. I knew it was going to happen but right now its a hard reality check.

I know I will adjust to whatever I have to adjust but right now I am REALLY UPSET. Again, like I said many times, GTC should be optional as it DOES NOT FIT EVERY SELLERS' NEEDS. 

eBay's management style is so  condescending. I feel like I am being treated like an idiot who does not know how to run my own business.

I will leave it for now as I am too aggravated...  I want to remain polite.

Message 27 of 39
latest reply

Ebay is stealing from sellers again, Tine to tell ebay where they can stick it , Amazon is much simpler

Message 28 of 39
latest reply

I am so angry about the forced GTC! I was listing this morning with fixed 5 day listings then BAM! GTC was foisted upon me. I called Customer Service and was told that I was sent a message regarding the change....WRONG! Told the rep to look at my Message Box! She said "Well you should have checked the announcement board". Dumb. She said eBay is trying to "HELP" sellers sell their items. As a successful seller of collectibles for 20 years on this site, I DON'T NEED THEIR PERCEIVED HELP.  So now my only option is to do an auction and PAY 25 CENTS for a BIN. I'm already paying for a store. eBay is obviously hurting for money because of Amazon and the seller is paying the price! 

Message 29 of 39
latest reply

Generally reply:
I just listed a 30 day BIN, all options were still available about 6:30 E
But it said special duration under fees. On mobile app

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 30 of 39
latest reply