cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last 3 days, I've had zero sales. This has never happened before .

my sales average $300 a day. Just been like this for years. I've had an occasional one day with no sales. But 3 days straight? I've lost almost $1000 in sales, with no explanation whatsover. I can't survive at this pace, especially after how many bills I had to pay 1st of the month. This is absolutly the worse time for this to be happening. Is this isolated to me, or is anyone else experiencing this?

Message 1 of 128
latest reply
127 REPLIES 127

castlemagic...
The farce is, there's NO WAY to measure the success of PL.
PL is a digital pig in a poke.
Message 31 of 128
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

I would think people still wear watches.  

Fashion accessory.

Nice gift item.

More convenient than a phone.

Just my thoughts. Castlemagic --

Watches can also fall under the collectors catagory , Mickey mouse,  Frozen , The nightmare before Christmas ,Clint Eastwood, John Wayne and even I love Lucy ,, just to name a few . 

Great point, absolutely!  Novelty and Collectibles can appeal to many for many different reasons...you listed some great ones there!

Message 32 of 128
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

@turquoisetulips wrote:

I would think people still wear watches.  

Fashion accessory.

Nice gift item.

More convenient than a phone.

Just my thoughts. Castlemagic --

Watches can also fall under the collectors catagory , Mickey mouse,  Frozen , The nightmare before Christmas ,Clint Eastwood, John Wayne and even I love Lucy ,, just to name a few . 

Great point, absolutely!  Novelty and Collectibles can appeal to many for many different reasons...you listed some great ones there!

To expand on that, this goes hand in hand with it, holiday watches.  I used to wear a watch for every different holiday, Easter, Halloween, Christmas, St Patrick's Day.  People were always checking when a holiday came around, let's see the watch!

Message 33 of 128
latest reply

Quick question: if you see an item that says "promoted by ebay" underneath it, does that make you want to but it? Or surpass it because there is more than likely going to be an extra advertising charge with that item...?

Message 34 of 128
latest reply

I'm just a small time seller.  Sales seem to have picked up for me the last few weeks.  I have 10 going out today~~for me that's great.  A lot were just little things but I did manage to sell a Goodwill $5.99 pan yesterday for $70.00. 

Message 35 of 128
latest reply

@iart wrote:

In October, we lost almost $4000 in sales (that's about 7% of our yearly income). And that's the beginning of our holiday season.  At times, we don't even have the ebay bots looking at our items.

I doubt it has aything to do with a business cycle or bad luck. This site is picking winners and losers using some strange algorythm that we can't figure out. It has little to do with good feedback or top rated status.

There have been a couple days where we sold more on that place with a smile logo than here, even though we have less than 10% of the stock over there.

Exactly. My sales have NEVER been on any cycle, least of all natural. My sales are determined based on what ebay decides. Many people have come out and said their sales on every other site they sell on, remained solid, while their ebay sales dropped. And yet people are still trying to claim it's not something ebay is doing? Whatever is causing my sales to be ZERO, when it's literally never happened to me before, is site related, not market related.

Message 36 of 128
latest reply

@frock_my_world wrote:

I decided to try using the Promoted Listing  (or whatever it is called, where you will pay more IF the item sells), for all of my items and this has been one of the worst couple of weeks ever in sales....since I began fooling around with trying promoted listings.....meh.  Ready to cancel that and just go back to regular Markdown Manager which usually seems to help with increasing my bottom line consistently. 

Funny, I also decided to promote all my listings recenetly. Used to have only 30. And then this happens. I wonder....

Message 37 of 128
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

@highway58_sales wrote:

Yes, a lot of people still wear watches. lol

According to my search, that is debatable.

There are more watches made and sold now than ever. Just because you don't know people that wear watches, doesn't mean people don't wear watches. Watches are still selling quite well.

My sales have pretty much always been consistent, AND I'm in the luxury watch market.  Parts for these watches cost more than  the total cost of lot of watches people buy these days.

Message 38 of 128
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

@jpcustomsonline wrote:

my sales average $300 a day. Just been like this for years. I've had an occasional one day with no sales. But 3 days straight? I've lost almost $1000 in sales, with no explanation whatsover. I can't survive at this pace, especially after how many bills I had to pay 1st of the month. This is absolutly the worse time for this to be happening. Is this isolated to me, or is anyone else experiencing this?

You did not lose $1,000 because sales are not guaranteed.

Then you don't understand how business works. My sales have been consistent for years. So when for days at a time, I get zero sales, YEAH, I LOST money. Lost earnings are lost money. Even courts decide to award people money for lost earnings. I mean, by your rational, those earnings weren't guarnteed, right?

The only reason my sales wouldn't be gaurunteed on ebay, is if ebay does something to my sales. I always have customers and there are always people needing parts. I sell all over the world. My entire world buyer market didn't suddendly just dry up, because of an all powerful force controlling everyone at the exact same time.

You can rationalize it all you want, but my earnings are typically guarunteed, so not having sales for days is me LOSING MONEY.

Message 39 of 128
latest reply

Op, Emerald has a very good point that puts this into perspective for you.

Sales are not guaranteed.  

Very sorry you had this dry spell in sales, but  hopefully that will turn around very soon.  Everyone has dry spells.

I do not have dry spells. And It's not a dry spell, when ebay controls who sees and buys your items. It is  tampering with the market. It's like owning a store in the mall, and the mall is preventing people from walking to your section of the mall. Your sales will go down, but that's not a dry spell. That is deliberate and in no way a natural flow of sales.

Message 40 of 128
latest reply

@jpcustomsonline wrote:

Op, Emerald has a very good point that puts this into perspective for you.

Sales are not guaranteed.  

Very sorry you had this dry spell in sales, but  hopefully that will turn around very soon.  Everyone has dry spells.

I do not have dry spells. And It's not a dry spell, when ebay controls who sees and buys your items. It is  tampering with the market. It's like owning a store in the mall, and the mall is preventing people from walking to your section of the mall. Your sales will go down, but that's not a dry spell. That is deliberate and in no way a natural flow of sales.

JP...I have been on a dry spell for 4 days. It broke over night last night and I picked up two sales so far. I just figure my items are in jail (no visibility) on the weekends and they get out after it's done (instant visibility after 12:00am Monday).

Message 41 of 128
latest reply

Congratulations on never having a dry spell.   I have always had dry spells - both on ebay and when I had a brick and mortar store. 

As long as you are an above standard seller, I don't believe that ebay controls who sees or buys your items.   It is not to ebay's advantage to restrict sales, and their IT staff just isn't that great to manipulate sales to any extent.   

But they have added promoted listings which may impact some sellers by pushing their items for which there is significant competition further down in search.   However, from what I have observed of promoted listings in what I sell - they are mostly over priced items. 

Message 42 of 128
latest reply

@jpcustomsonline wrote:

.And It's not a dry spell, when ebay controls who sees and buys your items. It is  tampering with the market. It's like owning a store in the mall, and the mall is preventing people from walking to your section of the mall. Your sales will go down, but that's not a dry spell. That is deliberate and in no way a natural flow of sales.

Oh, here we go again with the eBay is hiding my items and controlling my sales...dizzy_face

Message 44 of 128
latest reply

We are in the seat behind you on that roller coaster
Message 45 of 128
latest reply