cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last 3 days, I've had zero sales. This has never happened before .

my sales average $300 a day. Just been like this for years. I've had an occasional one day with no sales. But 3 days straight? I've lost almost $1000 in sales, with no explanation whatsover. I can't survive at this pace, especially after how many bills I had to pay 1st of the month. This is absolutly the worse time for this to be happening. Is this isolated to me, or is anyone else experiencing this?

Message 1 of 128
latest reply
127 REPLIES 127

If you check this Board, you will see many threads about sales being down.

So this is not uncommon.  My heart goes out to you and everyone who is experiencing low sales, but sales are cyclical in nature.  While you have enjoyed very consistent sales in the past, and I am happy for you, that was bound to fluctuate at some point, which it has.

Try some things to increase your visibility, take listings off GTC or 30 days, lower some prices, revise titles and/or pictures.  If you can list new items every day, it is said that that helps.  The Ebay UA says that some items may not appear in search no matter what search is performed.

Wish I could wave a magic wand but I can't.  I can only hope and pray that things get better foryou.  Good Luck.

Message 2 of 128
latest reply

For me there is no rhyme or reason for sales or no sales, The last 4-5 days have been good for me because I have been running a significant sale. Don't bother looking at my "solds" because everything that sells never shows up there.

Markdown Manager or Promotions, whatever it is called these days , has been stirring the pot for me. I also refreshed all of my 1000 GTC listings with sell-similar over the last 40 days. Just note that if you use sell similar, it defaults back to the original number of items that were initially listed in the listing.

Best of luck to you moving into a new week.

Message 3 of 128
latest reply

@jpcustomsonline wrote:

my sales average $300 a day. Just been like this for years. I've had an occasional one day with no sales. But 3 days straight? I've lost almost $1000 in sales, with no explanation whatsover. I can't survive at this pace, especially after how many bills I had to pay 1st of the month. This is absolutly the worse time for this to be happening. Is this isolated to me, or is anyone else experiencing this?

If you have the sellers hub, have you checked the performance area in the traffic section to see if there's been a drop in the listing expressions? I always check there when I go a few days without a sale. I'm in one of those right now. No sales since October 30 and generally there are always a few sales on the weekend. I go up and down like a roller coaster. Have no idea why.

Message 4 of 128
latest reply

Just another thought, OP...

Have you checked your listings to see if they are google compliant?

Listings that are not have a bar on them that says, see full description that buyers have to click on.  Many may not bother.

So possibly this could be affecting your visibility and that in turn is affecting your sales?  

Have your removed all active content from your listings?

Message 5 of 128
latest reply

Hmmmm. Hard to give you any advice since most of us can only dream to be in your position. I can go for days or even weeks without any sale, then a burst of sales. I don't try to figure it out anymore. I just do things the right way and hope I sell something. 

Message 6 of 128
latest reply

@jpcustomsonline wrote:

Just been like this for years. I've had an occasional one day with no sales. But 3 days straight?

On this account: 

In October, you had 5 days with 0 sales - including one stretch of 2 days with 0 sales.

In September, you had 14 days with 0 sales - including one stretch of 4 days with 0 sales, and two stretches of 2 days with 0 sales.

That's 19 out of 61 days with 0 sales - almost one-third of the time. 

Message 7 of 128
latest reply

In October, we lost almost $4000 in sales (that's about 7% of our yearly income). And that's the beginning of our holiday season.  At times, we don't even have the ebay bots looking at our items.

I doubt it has aything to do with a business cycle or bad luck. This site is picking winners and losers using some strange algorythm that we can't figure out. It has little to do with good feedback or top rated status.

There have been a couple days where we sold more on that place with a smile logo than here, even though we have less than 10% of the stock over there.

Message 8 of 128
latest reply

Welcome to the new ebay.

Message 9 of 128
latest reply

The promoted listings might be causing some of this not sure. If you sell in a highly saturated category and you are competing with people who are paying Ebay extra to have their listings seen in better positions that could be it.

Message 10 of 128
latest reply

Looking at anothers completeds and solds could give you the wrong information. My solds have been a hot mess since summer, rarely accurate in number or items. Yesterday I saw one sold listing in mine that is from 2016 and also it was showing more than the past 60 days worth- since mid-August. It has only been showing a history of 60 days or less for months. 

ebay is a hot mess for me right now with glitches in listing, search and photo uploader...smh 

My sales this time last year were up by 56%, this year 14% increase over last month.

Message 11 of 128
latest reply

@jpcustomsonline wrote:

You did not lose $1,000 because sales are not guaranteed.

Message 12 of 128
latest reply

Op, Emerald has a very good point that puts this into perspective for you.

Sales are not guaranteed.  

Very sorry you had this dry spell in sales, but  hopefully that will turn around very soon.  Everyone has dry spells.

Message 13 of 128
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

Op, Emerald has a very good point that puts this into perspective for you.

Sales are not guaranteed.  

Very sorry you had this dry spell in sales, but  hopefully that will turn around very soon.  Everyone has dry spells.

I just checked what the OP was selling.

Do people even wear watches today.  I use my phone when I want to check the time.

Message 14 of 128
latest reply

Yes, a lot of people still wear watches. lol

Sorry don't mean to laugh at you or the question, just reminds me how as an ebay seller I am constantly reminded that I need to get out more often and see more of the world-either in person or on the internet 🙂

No offense intended.

Message 15 of 128
latest reply