cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOL Accused of "Attacking a buyer"

I received this great email from a repeat offended, the guy NEVER pays on time. This is the second time I have had to open a UPI on him, He is a slide seller in France.

hello
sorry but I never finalize an order when disputes cases are opened.
For me that's an attack, and after that, I always definitively stop the business with the seller.
I hope you best deal with another buyer.
Have a nice day.

My response :

This is the SECOND time I have had to open an NON PAYMENT notice with you. I am sorry you feel like I am attacking you for your inability to pay for the items purchased.Should I feel attacked for a buyer not paying in a timely manner? I have placed you on my BBL Blocked Buyers List so that you will never have to deal with me again.

Have a great day,
Mark 

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Better stop before he tells ebay on you. 🙂

Message 2 of 37
latest reply

@slideshopper wrote:

I received this great email from a repeat offended, the guy NEVER pays on time. This is the second time I have had to open a UPI on him, He is a slide seller in France.

hello
sorry but I never finalize an order when disputes cases are opened.
For me that's an attack, and after that, I always definitively stop the business with the seller.
I hope you best deal with another buyer.
Have a nice day.

My response :

This is the SECOND time I have had to open an NON PAYMENT notice with you. I am sorry you feel like I am attacking you for your inability to pay for the items purchased.Should I feel attacked for a buyer not paying in a timely manner? I have placed you on my BBL Blocked Buyers List so that you will never have to deal with me again.

Have a great day,
Mark 

I would have never responded and blocked the buyer. No need for further communication, move on.

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

@lex-talon wrote:

I would have never responded and blocked the buyer. No need for further communication, move on.

Respectfully speaking, sometimes, it is really hard - in fact, nearly impossible - to leave a situation with things left 'unsaid'.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 4 of 37
latest reply

@slideshopper wrote:

I received this great email from a repeat offender, the guy NEVER pays on time. This is the second time I have had to open a UPI on him, He is a slide seller in France.

First, you allow your Unpaid Item dispute to time out in full, so that when you close it, he will get (another) richly-deserved non-payment slap. As you have already BBL'd him now, you can then move on to better buyers. There is no point in antagonizing him further in email, as that won't achieve anything, whereas the Unpaid slap will have more of an effect on his future buying opportunities.

Message 5 of 37
latest reply

It was a total of 14 different items. The UPI times out tomorrow, so he will get the full brunt of it. As for antagonizing, I call it returning the favor with interest. Sorry but you should have seen some of his earlier emails .....

@a_c_green wrote:

@slideshopper wrote:

I received this great email from a repeat offender, the guy NEVER pays on time. This is the second time I have had to open a UPI on him, He is a slide seller in France.

First, you allow your Unpaid Item dispute to time out in full, so that when you close it, he will get (another) richly-deserved non-payment slap. As you have already BBL'd him now, you can then move on to better buyers. There is no point in antagonizing him further in email, as that won't achieve anything, whereas the Unpaid slap will have more of an effect on his future buying opportunities.

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

Next time block after the first offense to hopefully avoid this sort of thing.

Some people have a convoluted way to excuse their bad behavior.  They probably think since they paid you late before, and you still allowed them to buy again, then you were okay with this method.

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

A small consolation prize:  since this buyer (nonpayer) now has at least two non-paying cases opened against him, most smart sellers have their requirements set so that they do not have to accept his business.

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

@slideshopper wrote:

It was a total of 14 different items. The UPI times out tomorrow, so he will get the full brunt of it. As for antagonizing, I call it returning the favor with interest. Sorry but you should have seen some of his earlier emails .....

eBay is a venue where a buyer with a little ingenuity has great power over a seller - to the point where he can damage his seller status as well as his wallet. 

I would never dream of antagonizing a buyer in that way, especially when all it accomplishes is an escalation of one-upsmanship.

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

You are assuming he doesnt have it set. And assuming unpaid item strikes exist. This to many heavily suggests strikes dont exist. What are really the odds this buyer hasnt done this to other sellers more than twice?

Its why they arent visible.
Message 10 of 37
latest reply

Don't understand your post.

The OP states that this buyer has not paid him for 14 items.

If this seller, the OP,  has opened unpaid item cases for only 2 of these, that buyer has two strikes.

I am not assuming "he doesn't have it set".  I am not assuming unpaid item strikes exist.  

Again, if the OP, who states the buyer has not paid for 14 items that he has sold to this buyer, opens only 2 unpaid item cases, this buyer will then have two strikes, meaning most smart sellers won't sell to him.

And I know that unpaid item strikes are not visible to anyone except the buyer.

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

@slideshopper wrote:

As for antagonizing, I call it returning the favor with interest. Sorry but you should have seen some of his earlier emails .....

@a_c_green wrote:

There is no point in antagonizing him further in email, as that won't achieve anything, whereas the Unpaid slap will have more of an effect on his future buying opportunities.

So you posted about this person, and posted your response, and got a few helpful's to make you smile. You feel you've returned the favor with interest, yuck, yuck....

So now buyer wants his own revenge. He opens a new account, which you would never know about so gets past your BBL, and purchases a small item. This time he pays then leaves you negative FB. Does this again under yet another name and before you know it you now have multiple negs. Then he gets other pals to harass this bad seller and they also do the same. There have been many posts in this community about things like this, a seller can get terrorized by a bad buyer and not much you can do about it. So do you still feel better after they have trashed your reputation and caused you to lose more sales? All because you wanted to pay that favor back with interest....not worth it when all you had to do was- BBL....

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@lex-talon wrote:

Respectfully speaking, sometimes, it is really hard - in fact, nearly impossible - to leave a situation with things left 'unsaid'.

One should show more stalwart rather than risk instigating more troubles by having the last word....

Message 13 of 37
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@lex-talon wrote:

I'm one of those people that needs to have the last word...

I've got a customer that I'm supposed to invoice monthly (not eBay - relating to another job), and I get a nasty message from him after every invoice. I need to archive his messages so I'm not tempted to reply about him not paying his bills.

C.

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

It could have all been avoided if you just told him  it is automatic. eBay opens a case when the buyer doesn’t pay in so many days. Don’t have to tell him it’s your preference. 

Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 15 of 37
latest reply