cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LISTINGS NOT SHOWING UP

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME!  I have called the eBay's overseas customer service no less than 6 times over the past 3 weeks.  I have been escalated to supposed higher level people 6 times.  I have spoken to no less than 17 people... NOTHING HAS GOTTEN DONE!  Some of my listing are not showing up during search.  Two examples: I have 9 Candlestick telephones listed.  If you search 'CANDLESTICK TELEPHONE' Buy It Now - Price Lowest To Highest.... you will not see any of my listings.  They are all buy it now priced and the same price.  NONE SHOW UP.  I have many football jersey's listed - none show up when you search by team.  Try it.  'ARIZONA CARDINALS JERSEY'.  I have like 20 listed... none show up when you search by that.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA HOW I CAN TALK TO SOMEONE AT EBAY WHO CARES?  It seems eBay's cheap overseas customer service are trained to to say 'Yes I see they are not showing up.  I will transfer you to someone in tech support'.  'Yes, I understand' I will escalate this report to my back office'.  'I understand... someone will get back with you in a day or two'.  I HAVE HEARD THAT NO LESS THAN 6 TIMES... Nothing has been fixed.  No one has gotten back to me.

CAN SOMEONE HELP!

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

LISTINGS NOT SHOWING UP

Right now, when I click on "View Listings" for your ID, I see 2,200 listings. 

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

LISTINGS NOT SHOWING UP

Anyone that can 'talk' to you on the phone, will have NO ability to do anything about the search.

I've searched for tires by inputting 245/40/17, it shows 2000+ items returned.

When I sort 'cheapest first' comes back with less than 200. 

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

LISTINGS NOT SHOWING UP

The "Price plus shipping: lowest first" sort order provides filtered results -- often drastically filtered. And the option to "see more results" may not always be shown as it should. The filtering may vary depending on the keywords used.

If you encounter a drastically filtered result for a keyword search using a desktop browser, you should be able to use the "Feedback" link in the lower right corner of the search results to provide feedback on your search to eBay developers. The more users provide info, the more likely something is to be done about the over-filtration problem.

You can avoid that problem entirely by using a different sort order.

If you have few results, try sorting by "highest first", then starting at the end of the results, scroll up instead of down. This also avoids the problem of variation listings with low-cost variations appearing at the top of the lowest-first sort.

If you have a bookmarked or saved lowest-first search that you use a lot, you can avoid the filtration by adding the following to the end of the search URL, then saving the resulting search:

&_blrs=recall_filtering

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

LISTINGS NOT SHOWING UP

Try editing the listings.

I had one the other day that wasn't showing, so I edited it and it started showing.

ARIZONA CARDINALS JERSEY only brings up 3400 plus listings, and you only have 20 listed.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

LISTINGS NOT SHOWING UP

Didn't use to...recently; and filtered by 90% gone??

That's not filtered. 

That's broken. 

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

LISTINGS NOT SHOWING UP

I found your “candlestick phones” listings doing a search. 
I searched Candlestick Phones 

Searched USA only

Price + Shipping Highest

Your items are found on page 7 of 15 towards the bottom of the page.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

LISTINGS NOT SHOWING UP

Depends on the keyword. Some searches filter 99.99+% of the results. Other keyword searches appear to provide much more reasonable results. This has been going on since at least May.

That's broken.

Yes, it is. And if a significant amount of the folks impacted by this take the time to complain directly to eBay about it, perhaps eBay will figure out that it is an issue that warrants some attention.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

LISTINGS NOT SHOWING UP

@eburtonlab wrote:

Depends on the keyword. Some searches filter 99.99+% of the results. Other keyword searches appear to provide much more reasonable results. This has been going on since at least May.

That's broken.

Yes, it is. And if a significant amount of the folks impacted by this take the time to complain directly to eBay about it, perhaps eBay will figure out that it is an issue that warrants some attention.

Yep; I just did (report it) but sadly, been here since the 90's and NEVER knew there was a 'feedback' to a 'search' so doubt too many will do it (enough to make them 'sit up and take notice'.

Too bad they only let me do it once, as this 'candlestick phone' and the '235/45/17' was another but couldn't 'report' it. 

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

LISTINGS NOT SHOWING UP

@kensgiftshop wrote:

Try editing the listings.

I had one the other day that wasn't showing, so I edited it and it started showing.

ARIZONA CARDINALS JERSEY only brings up 3400 plus listings, and you only have 20 listed.

@kensgiftshop 

So, I tried

235 45 17

235/45/17

235/45/17 tires

235/45r17

235/45r17 tires

And ALL 5 came back with about 2000+ on best match and less than 10% shown listings when filtered 'lowest price'

only 1 (the last one) came back with 'we've filtered results, click here to see all'

That, is a problem. 

A HUGE problem. 

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

LISTINGS NOT SHOWING UP

@ebooksdiva 

although doubtful that people will search 'highest first'??

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

LISTINGS NOT SHOWING UP

Nevertheless that’s how I found those listings. 

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

LISTINGS NOT SHOWING UP

"Candlestick" should be the first word in the title.

"Jersey" should be the first word in the title.

I picked the items for sale just using those words.

It was so easy.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

LISTINGS NOT SHOWING UP

It's been my experience (and anecdote is not data) that if you Search the same items over and over, you will see different things each time.

As if the algorithm is programmed not to show your items you have already seen but apparently 'rejected'.

And I would not be surprised if part of the programming is set to reject the seller's own items and not show them, because Search is designed for buyers and the seller is not going to be buying their own items.

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.

And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

LISTINGS NOT SHOWING UP

@femmefan1946 wrote:

It's been my experience (and anecdote is not data) that if you Search the same items over and over, you will see different things each time.

If you keep searching long enough, you might find what you're looking for. 😀

Have a great day
Message 15 of 21
latest reply