cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping Top Rated Seller Level

So while still in the grace period i have been frantically working on trying to figure out how to keep our top seller status. Because the way fedex does our pick ups and scans we have dropped from 95.6% down to 86% Tracking uploaded on time and validated. Has any other sellers seen this huge drop? We have held our top rated for years untill ebay changed things. I am curious if any other sells have seen this drop and what your doing to try and keep that seller level?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Keeping Top Rated Seller Level

@billsmithusedparts wrote:

sorry to break it to you but we do ship on time...we are trying to get multiple pickups at our warehouse during the day..if its not scanned within 24hours then it posts as late..

Then you need to go after FedEx and find out whyb the scanning isn't being done as it should.

I've been arouns for quite a while as well and have used FedEx (not my regular shipper) for 40 years. I have never once had a shipment picked up that wasn't scanned before it made it on the truck.

I see you are offering FedEx Ground for at least some of your shipments, are you producing a Manifest for them when they are picked-up? A Manifest is required for FedEx Ground (not for drop off shipments or FedEx Express shipments).

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

because of the volume we ship and the discount we get we dont plan on leaving them any time soon..the problem is the shippers tracking scans upload time..our hollander ebay rep told us NOT to change shipping and handling timmes from next day to 1-3 day handling but we keep slipping even though we normally get everything shipped out next day.. just trying to keep our seller level stable

So you found the problem and when it's suggested you look somewhere else to resolve the problem you say you're going to stay with the problem, but that it's unfair that you'll lose the discount because you decide to stick with the problem...I guess that's one way to do it. Good luck to you.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

If you are using same day shipping, just change it to one day shipping. I have one day shipping, all my items qualify for TRS+. You can still ship the same day and you won't be considered late on any shipping uploads.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 18 of 22
latest reply

@duncanvr wrote:
TRS seller status is impossible even when you track stuff I also had TRS for years and they dropped me to above average in a minute I don't bother anymore trying to get TRS back. You lost 20% discount and the 10% on offer is impossible to get even when you do the right thing. I ditched all my listings of ebay usa and moved to ebay uk. Ebay usa are squeezing every dollar they can from sellers there is no money left just pay fees what is the point of all the hard work when no profit in it? You should know you will loose your TRS status and when that happens you get less exposure on your items your sales crash. I also advise you to check your late shipment % this is another area they trap you so you can't get TRS. They don't want to pay anyone discount anymore. I am **bleep** at them for bringing in this stupid 95% tracking rule. Ebay usa just want your money and will find ways over the coming years to get more $$ out of you.

It's not even remotely impossible...but whatever.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

@duncanvr wrote:
TRS seller status is impossible even when you track stuff I also had TRS for years and they dropped me to above average in a minute I don't bother anymore trying to get TRS back. You lost 20% discount and the 10% on offer is impossible to get even when you do the right thing. I ditched all my listings of ebay usa and moved to ebay uk. Ebay usa are squeezing every dollar they can from sellers there is no money left just pay fees what is the point of all the hard work when no profit in it? You should know you will loose your TRS status and when that happens you get less exposure on your items your sales crash. I also advise you to check your late shipment % this is another area they trap you so you can't get TRS. They don't want to pay anyone discount anymore. I am **bleep** at them for bringing in this stupid 95% tracking rule. Ebay usa just want your money and will find ways over the coming years to get more $$ out of you.

LOL. If it's impossible, then everyone will lose it, and no one will lose any exposure advantage. 

BTW, if you can't make a profit here, you're selling stuff no one wants, or doing a poor job of trying to sell stuff that people do want. Either way, the problem is yours.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

@secondchancemusic wrote:

because of the volume we ship and the discount we get we dont plan on leaving them any time soon..the problem is the shippers tracking scans upload time..our hollander ebay rep told us NOT to change shipping and handling timmes from next day to 1-3 day handling but we keep slipping even though we normally get everything shipped out next day.. just trying to keep our seller level stable

So you found the problem and when it's suggested you look somewhere else to resolve the problem you say you're going to stay with the problem, but that it's unfair that you'll lose the discount because you decide to stick with the problem...I guess that's one way to do it. Good luck to you.

Patient: "Doc, it hurts when I do this."

Doctor: "Then don't do that."

Patient: "No."

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

@billsmithusedparts  Here's the issue with Acceptence scans, unless you as the Seller watch it happen by the carrier, be it USPS, UPS or FedEx then you are at risk for exactly the situation you are in.  My issue with FedEx was their Overcharging and nikle and diming on added fees after an item was purchased ... Buyers paying LESS then what Seller has to pay.  The handshake between FedEx & eBay is hopefully under review.  In the iterim, I have switched to Parcel Sellect. 

I am not sure how the FedEx mobile system works but even if they scan at pick up that info may not be uploaded to their mainframe until they return to the terminal and even then it may sit in a buffer for who knows how long?

I saw your post on shipping volume and you not planning to leave them but I guess you have to ask the question, if your account receives restrictions and forces you to sell less then is it worth considering some alternatives?  And of course letting FedEx know why you are changing.  I would like to see the part of the eBay-FedEx contract relating to Acceptence scans ... I know they have one with USPS.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 22 of 22
latest reply