cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just wish I could speak to an American ebay rep located in USA

Pretty much says it all - frustrated today - called 10 times never got anyone in USA. Here's the deal if I call and ask a question (pretty simple one) and the rep asks me to wait while she looks up the question of how many items can I list in a Premium store (just to start the discussion) and she/he says wait while I look it up - well I give up.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

You are unlucky..

Some employess may not located in USA but are very helpfull.

This could happen to any new employee.

They always need some time to learn.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I get it that ebay has sellers all over the world - just wish they could filter USA calls to USA reps

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Probably all the calls to the US number are from US customers.

What do you want to know?

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

With all due respect, from the OP:

the rep asks me to wait while she looks up the question of how many items can I list in a Premium store

OP goes on to say that that is just to start the discussion so it seems he/she has other questions not listed.

FWIW

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@dazzlecity

Don't be frustrated!  

I goggled how many listings can you have with an eBay Premium Store, and it says 1,000.  Feel free to check that.

That 1,000 will be impacted by your account selling limits, in that if the store permits 1,000 listings, but your personal limits are much lower, the lower limits, AFAIK, will prevail.  I base this on reading of sellers who signed up for a store but due to their personal limits, could not utilize the amount of listings the store might provide.

If you check your Seller Dashboard, you should be able to see your quantitative limits at the top.  It should tell you how many listings and the dollar amount of sales you are permitted each month.

You should be able to get this info without contacting Customer Service.

The best way to get a US Rep, and this is not fool proof, is to call at 9 or 10 o'clock Utah or Ca time.  

Good luck!

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

9 out of 10 employees out of the US don't have a clue how to help with most problems.
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

To be honest, I found found the Indian respresentitives to be the most helpful

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

...Or are busy with their I-Phones and could care less

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

You must have called right as Grandpa came in from the marshes.

I have not had a very positive experience with the Mumbay Mafia, to put it mildly.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@dazzlecity  I try to call first thing in the morning to reach a US rep out of TX.  I have called other times and reached reps based out of the Phillipines -- some are helpful, some are not.  I don't waste time by asking them a question I already know such as how many allotments I get with my store.  Usually they are the first line and they transfer me on to the right department that can help me.

Good Luck.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Sounds rather odd, I've never had trouble getting a US Rep on the first try every time.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

God must be on your side!!!! I am married to a Filipino and many times he has a hard time understanding the Filipino reps. Perhaps its all about getting Ebay members not to even call. One can usually find out anything they need to by looking on Google for the answer.
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Your question was already answered but if you still insist on calling you might have better luck getting s US rep if you use this form https://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cuhome.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Asking for help from someone who can barely speak your language is beyond frustrating. Every time I call I have the same issue.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply