cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just received a promo-on my non selling account

I just received a promo for 500 free listings on my other account. Fixed price or auction. It shows expired on the account I need it on, of course.

http://www.rsvp.ebay.com/rsvp/signup/103352/AcOEEUolj7M?mi_u=43007911095

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Free listings are totally random so that often happes.

So just use it on the account you received it on.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

LOL, even eBay isn't dumb enough to hand out freebies in a "totally random" manner. I get selling promos on my buying account, and eBay Bucks promos on my selling account. Doing it the other way would be giving away money and gaining nothing.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

LOL, even eBay isn't dumb enough to hand out freebies in a "totally random" manner. I get selling promos on my buying account, and eBay Bucks promos on my selling account. Doing it the other way would be giving away money and gaining nothing.

Right, so use it to your maximum advantage and sell on the buying account or buy on the selling account during that particular promotion.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

@thatsallfolks wrote:

Right, so use it to your maximum advantage and sell on the buying account or buy on the selling account during that particular promotion.

Exactly. But the promos are obviously not random.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

@thatsallfolks wrote:

When I say random, I mean the theories of some that ebay is playing favorites or that some are on their naughty list and it is a conspiracy they are not getting them.

With the free listings, of course ebay is targeting those without stores yet hoping they will open one.  And if they see a pattern that a seller only wants the freebies and has no intention of opening a store, I am sure at some point they stop.

As far as ebay bucks, I seem to get them after I have made my multiple purchases.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I don't think that will work. Last I checked, I have a limit of 10 listings on that account.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Feebay doesn't make these offers to gift you a break. Offers are come-ons, loss leaders.
They are not that random.
"Free Listings" promos are inventory control. To maintain a certian number of items on the shelves.
Offers to the "wrong" account, are to entice you to do more with that account.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Exactly! Puts an end to that theory, huh?
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

@thatsallfolks wrote:

When I say random, I mean the theories of some that ebay is playing favorites or that some are on their naughty list and it is a conspiracy they are not getting them.

With the free listings, of course ebay is targeting those without stores yet hoping they will open one.  And if they see a pattern that a seller only wants the freebies and has no intention of opening a store, I am sure at some point they stop.

As far as ebay bucks, I seem to get them after I have made my multiple purchases.

OK. I thought when you said "totally random", you meant "totally random". Thanks for the clarification.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply