cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items waiting in carts. Lower the price!

Yup. Someone has items in their cart and you should lower the price, says eBay, and MAKE THE SALE!!  Yippeee.

Yup.

So, I went to each item, and I RAISED the @#$@#! price.

I really don't care. I had them priced as low as I can justify taking the time to pack and ship an item. Any lower and they just get delisted and go into the trash.

Nice try.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Items waiting in carts. Lower the price!

@byrd69er wrote:

Just EXACTLY what I’m going to do.

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I got that message too. 

I have best offer on most of my items.

If someone wants a lower price all they have to do is ask.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I just delete those messages.  My stuff is selling fast enough (2 eBay stores) to keep me pretty busy.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I received that message as well.

What I do is leave my prices the same or raise the prices. 

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Responding in any way to corporate nonsense is a victory for the corporation in question.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@byrd69er wrote:

I went to each item, and I RAISED the @#$@#! price.

I really don't care.  Any lower and they just get delisted and go into the trash. 

If no one wanted it at that price that is probably a good idea as raising it will do nothing for you.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Question: If I have a singular item for sale (i. e., I only have one listed) and somebody puts it in their cart and does not check out, does that prevent some other buyer from buying it? Mike

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

No.  Anyone can buy the item if the buyer has not committed to the purchase.

I took the "bait" the first time I received that message from ebay.  I think they said that these items were on someone's Watch List.  Anyway, I lowered all those prices.  Not one sale.  Now I just ignore any future messages.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

As a seller myself I put the price on items that I wish. I pay for a store and fees like everyone else that has one so I will sell for MY price not Ebays. If noone buys an item then it is my decision weather to lower the price if I like.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@byrd69er wrote:

Yup. Someone has items in their cart and you should lower the price, says eBay, and MAKE THE SALE!!  Yippeee.

Yup.

I really don't care. I had them priced as low as I can justify taking the time to pack and ship an item. Any lower and they just get delisted and go into the trash.

Nice try.

What I do is end those listings and "sell similar", now it's out of their cart, problem solved...

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Lower the price, i'll just give it away then !! NO

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Not valid, I raise prices and items sell..for a variety of psychological reasoning and sometimes someone just wants the item...it’s a very random process on ebay, and many types of buyers
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

As much as I get aggravated and irritated with a lot of Ebay's useless messages, I actually find this one quite useful. It lets me know that people are interested enough in something to add it to their cart. This lets me know that eyes are seeing those items, regardless of what the view counter says.  This is actually one of the few Ebay spam mails that  actually contain relevant and usable information.

Lowering the price by 5% will trigger an email to the buyer letting them know that the price has been lowered. Raising the price will not.

I am lucky in that I have a lot of freedom in my pricing. Do I lower the prices? Sometimes. Do I raise the prices? Sometimes.  Do the items sell when I do one or the other? Sometimes.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree and often do the same.  I figure the person is saving the item in their cart until pay day, so often do not lower the price and more often than not, they purchase it without my lowering the price.

Here is something I have noticed. (I use a Mac which often has odd glitches with Ebay)

Have you ever had this happen?

Issues with former sale prices

I had multiple quantities for sale on one listing.  Example : Blue shirt; quantiy of 3 total for sale.  The item was on sale.  One sold.  Two remained.

A week later, the sale went off, so the item was now priced at $15 more.

However, someone had the shirt with the sale pricing still in their cart.

They purchased it and paid the sale price...even though the item was no longer on sale.

I used to have alot of sales and it took me a few times before I realized this was happening.

Now, I end the item and relist it, if it is something I do not want to sell at the former sale price.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply