cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item specific glitch is NOT resolved

I tried bulk relisting this morning and the item specific error did not pop up, however when I click on a listing the size specific is NOT filled in unless I manually add it to each individual listing (as well as other important ones but I am so overwhelmed with this I can only focus on one at a time)

I got through half of them before I just got frustrated and relisted all of them ....so the ones I did NOT edit were allowed to be relisted but they do not have the size so who knows if they will even be able to be seen in narrowed searches

So my jeans alone are going to be missing size and style and all the IMPORTANT specifics that WERE ALREADY IN THERE unless I still go and manually change them in all of my 3000 listings

And the new ones added don’t make any sense

Why do I have to specify that they are JEANS and again specify that they are for WOMEN when they are listed in the WOMENS JEANS category????

This is NOT resolved until my important specifics are RE-ADDED and I should not have to manually do it myself this is absolutely ridiculous!!

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Silver lining is that my sales dropped by 50% on October 15 when this train wreck rolled out so I have more time to devote to this meaningless **bleep** because I’m not packing any sales that normally would be going out...Jesus

Message 2 of 43
latest reply

Same here....very very frustrated!  Losing sales!  Another huge problem is that in many clothing searches, buyers are NOT able to filter by size!  Watch the RockstarFlipper youtube channel, this mornings live video demonstrates this problem with real examples.  The search is BROKEN!  Buyers are not going to find items even if they are allowed to be relisted, maybe even if ALL the items specifics are there.  It's the worst problem I've seen since I've been a seller! 

Message 3 of 43
latest reply

It's so unprofessional. I'm quite frustrated today. Thankfully I pulled out decent sales yesterday but today it's already almost noon and I've got one measly little sale. I'm not trying to complain, but I sell on 4 different platforms and I never experience this horrendous number of glitches anywhere else. I'm trying to run a profitable business and I'm just wasting time here. This needs to be resolved immediately. And I agree, the new specifics are just whacky. Who thought this stuff up?

Message 4 of 43
latest reply

It gets worse, gang. There are now two "size" item specifics. One is in the "required" specifics area and this is the one that is screwed up.  Every possible size that has ever been entered on eBay, for any item, is on the list.  The old "size" IS, which was based on size category (i.e., mens, children, womens plus size, etc) is now in the additional IS area - not even in the recommended IS grouping, but under that.  A LOT of sellers are lazy and ONLY fill in the required IS.  This makes searching by size USELESS.  I know, because I just tried to search by size.  I finally gave up and went out to a retailer site and bought what I was looking for.

WTH did eBay think this was a good idea?  Hey eBay - the old saying "one size does not fit all" is quite appropriate in this instance. Fix this, will you?  

Message 5 of 43
latest reply

This is the selection list for sellers to use when they fill in the "Required" size item specific:

0P
0X
10P
10 Tall
10XL
12P
12 Tall
14 L
14P
14 Tall
14W
16P
16 Tall
16W
18P
18 Tall
18W
1X
1XLT
1X Plus
20P
20 Tall
20W
22P
22W
24P
24W
26P
26W
2P
2W
2X
2XB
2XL
2XP
2XS
2XT
30W
34 in
34W
36 in
36W
38 in
38W
3X
3XB
3XL
3XLT
3XT
40 in
40W
42 in
42W
44 in
44W
46 in
48 in
4P
4 Tall
4X
4XB
4XL
4XLT
50 in
52 in
54 in
56 in
57 58
58 in
5X
5XB
5XL
5XLT
60 in
62 in
64 in
66 in
68 in
6P
6 Tall
6X
6XL
6XLT
70 in
72 in
7X
7XL
8P
8 Tall
8X
8XL
9X
9XL
Big 10X
Big 1X
Big 2X
Big 3X
Big 4X
Big 5X
Big 6X
Big 7X
Big 8X
Big 9X
L
LT
L Tall
M
MT
M Tall
One Size
One Size: Big & Tall
One Size: Plus
One Size: Regular
PL
PM
PP
PS
PXL
PXS
S
S Tall
XL
XLT
XL Tall
XLX
XS
XS Tall
Enter your own

It's useless, since buyers can't search using this IS.

Message 6 of 43
latest reply

This would be top top top news in the media if it happened to one of ebay's competitors that ebay strives to mirror.

Hey ebay, if you want to be treated like one of the big boys... you'd better as heck act like one first.

Message 7 of 43
latest reply

Just got off the phone with an eBay rep and was told

The issue has been resolved and there is no more action to be taken

REALLY?????

So yep I AM on my own to go ahead and start manually editing every single one of my listings because the specifics are no longer in the right place 

I am beyond furious right now OMG

Message 8 of 43
latest reply

And NOW I just went to bulk edit my size 5 jeans and the size isn’t even an option to change! Aaaaand went to bulk edit my small women’s shirts and got an error message when I went to submit it!

i am about to throw my computer against a freaking wall

Message 9 of 43
latest reply

I just called my ebay concierge and they can confirm that the glitch is still alive and kicking. I asked her about the misinformation CS is giving some sellers about it being fixed. She looked into it and sees that there is an internal notice that tags the ticket/issue as "resolved" but action hasn't been completely implemented yet. Basically this means that they know HOW to fix it.... a rollback to the old system. But they either they are in the process of rolling it back or they haven't started to do it yet. This is probably the cause of your CS agent's misinforming you.

I also told my agent that hopefully this is a pretty high priority on ebay's list. After all, clothing is one of ebay's largest categories (there's even an ebay fashion). I urged that they look to take care of this issue quicker than others like changing the color of the ebay logo. She wholeheartedly agreed.

Message 10 of 43
latest reply

As a consolation, the agent admitted to ebay being pretty broken and the development teams are in over their heads. She says she doesn't know how sellers like us do it on a site with soooooo many glitches. Mind boggling.

Message 11 of 43
latest reply

Same here...this is so upsetting! It has been glitch after glitch that has affected my store. Every time there is any kind of glitch..I seem to get it. I would pretty much guarantee that is affecting my business! brian.t@ebay can you please help?

Message 12 of 43
latest reply

I am on hour 3 now revising all my clothing listings - and no sales today no best offers.....apparently this glitch that's still not resolved is hurting sales...Ebay please fix this..

Message 13 of 43
latest reply

I asked Brian on another thread if we should begin filling in the blank "required" size box since the info was in the additional info........

We are aware of the issue of missing data in some Item Specifics fields. I can confirm that this is still being worked on but there isn't yet a concrete answer on whether the data will be migrated or if it will need to be manually entered. I will let you and others know when I have more answers and information. Thanks!

Message 14 of 43
latest reply

At this point I am manually going to enter each and every clothing listing - This includes: socks and shoes also..I have noticed that item specifics "disappeared" here too..An update would be great - I do feel sorry for all the other sellers who do not know what's going on with this..

Message 15 of 43
latest reply