cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item sent was never received, butbsays made serveral delivery attempts

So I sold a Football Helmet to a fan in Germany last October.  I tracked it and it said it tried to make the delivery attempts but with no success. The buyer said he couldn't get the item out of customs and it should be sent back to me. It's the end of April and I never received it back nor can I track it now. It was sent through ebay overseas and yet I can pull anything up about the tracking now. Well the seller keeps asking for his money back but I have no proff he didn't end up getting it. The last thing the tracking said was waiting for item to get picked up. And I never heard from the buyer Untill now, 6 months later. What should I do?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Item sent was never received, butbsays made serveral delivery attempts

So I sold a Football Helmet to a fan in Germany last October. 

@dudewebb 

Did your buyer ever file any sort of claim against you and was refunded from your proceeds?

Did you use eBay International Shipping (EIS), or did you ship directly? 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

No never filed anything, I was never contacted by ebay either. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

And yes was shipped by ebay international 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

If you sent EIS, you have nothing to worry about. The buyer just needs to file an INR with Ebay and they will deal with it. I have seen his several times all of a sudden.  Mine have revolved around what appears to be incorrect customs forms....which EIS fills out. They were returned to the EIS shipping center and they corrected it and sent it back to the buyer. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@dudewebb 

I don't believe the buyer can file a CC chargeback, there's not much you can or should do.  The transaction wasn't successful and they took way too long to contact you concerning.  Most likely they didn't want to pay customs or the item itself may have been something you cannot export to Germany.  Who knows?  Since you did use the eBay EIS,  you are covered.  

Sorry for your situation 

Happy Selling

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

DO NOT REFUND!

Sound like your buyer might be playing with you. They probably have it. Just looking for a freebie. 

Let then open a case. Since you shipped with eBay international shipping, you are covered. 

I actually have a question for those who do ship with eBay international. As a seller, can you track the package all the way to the buyer or is it similar to a freight forwarder sale? Meaning after reaching customs or freight forwarder, no more tracking updates will be posted for seller to view. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Block the buyer.

Buyer can still open a claim for a refund from you from eBay as well as a credit card dispute...I had a few of those. And they were after 6 months. eBay allows them.

Buyer is hoping you give a refund but you don't have to.

Same with the credit card dispute...be polite and business like and buyer will not win. Just state disputes are usually for 120 days in the USA...per to the bank...I did that to a buyer in Canada and the bank was in my flavor.

And I wouldn't email the buyer as well. I bet buyer got the item as well.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Mine have always been tracked all the way to delivery.  Another reason to use EIS over USPS.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Let then open a case. Since you shipped with eBay international shipping, you are covered. 

@sextons-sweet-deals 

You are correct.  However, I think EISD (Ebay International Standard Delivery) was still available last October.  That is a whole different program. 

I agree, the BUYER should file a claim especially if it actually was sent EIS and not EISD, and the OP should do nothing about refunding at this point if ever.   

Message 10 of 10
latest reply