cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item listing shows "1,345" sold. Store view of same item only shows "87 sold"

On all of my listings, the number of items sold shows a totally different number when viewing the actual item listings vs viewing the same item in my store vs what comes up when searcing the item on eaby. For example, 161402807158. The listing itself shows 1,345 sold (which is the correct number). But when you go to my store, it only shows 87 sold when viewing in the gallery. Then, when searching for the item title in the ebay search bar, it comes up in search results showing 129+ sold.

This has been happening for years. Just figured it might be worth a try to find out why and hear from others who might be experiencing the same thing.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Item listing shows "1,345" sold. Store view of same item only shows "87 sold&

I don`t understand why there would be such a big difference. I do know that the history of sales falls off a listing (every 60 days I think) even though the the original sales number usually reflect the total.

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Item listing shows "1,345" sold. Store view of same item only shows "87 sold&

Yup... sounds about right. Known this for years myself. Wondered it, not enough to speak up though. I just figured it was just dumb ol' ebay working their magic again.

They should just cover all bases and change everything to "1+ sold" haha.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

FWIW (not much), I see the 1345 sold in yoiur listing, 53 sold in sore and 53+ sold when searching item number or title.

I briefly looked if there might be someting unusual 53 items back in your revision history, but didn't see anything.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I don`t understand why there would be such a big difference. I do know that the history of sales falls off a listing (every 60 days I think) even though the the original sales number usually reflect the total.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Also, I wonder if possibly the number in your store reset when you were switched to the new store format? Honestly I`m just guessing.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I was unaware that sales fall off listings, thanks for bringing that to my attention. I don't think it fully explains why I am seeing this huge discrepancy, but is a step toward making sense out of it. Thank you

Message 6 of 6
latest reply