cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item has been delivered but customer claims they have not recieved it but wait theres more!

I sold an item to a 

branxx xxown

xx39 x. xain

Ottawa, IL xxxxx 

who opened a refund request for the item the day it was delivered buy USPS. That case was closed by eBay after I supplied the tracking#. I thought that would be the end, but wait theres more! Mr Bxxxn then went to his card holderand claimed an unautorized purchase on the card, and they then went to PayPal who emmediatly deducted the funds from my acct. I don't know if it was eBay or Mr Brxxx who closed the his account but it has under the user name he used to make the purchase. We've probably all heard the phrase Let Buyer Beware, well in this case I believe branxx xxown, has turned that around let the seller beware! PayPal is supposedly investigating and should refund my funds, but that hasn't happened yet (day 3).

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Item has been delivered but customer claims they have not recieved it but wait theres more!

The only thing Paypal needs to remove this is proof that you sent it to the buyer's address in Paypal.  Send them the tracking number and you will be fine.  However, since Paypal is dealing with the buyer's credit card company, it can take a while, sometimes a couple of months, before it gets settled.  I think it is faster now, but I had one that took seven months to be closed in my favor, maybe 10 years ago. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

The only thing Paypal needs to remove this is proof that you sent it to the buyer's address in Paypal.  Send them the tracking number and you will be fine.  However, since Paypal is dealing with the buyer's credit card company, it can take a while, sometimes a couple of months, before it gets settled.  I think it is faster now, but I had one that took seven months to be closed in my favor, maybe 10 years ago. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the reply just a little while after I made this post, PayPal sent this message:

We're happy to confirm that this transaction was covered under Seller Protection as you met the PayPal Seller Protection requirements. The disputed amount is now available in your PayPal balance.

I told them when I first called them, I don't know why they wait to debit the sellers acount until they investigate if the claims are true to begin with. They didn't have a good answer for that. One things for sure I will be watching out for that buyer and or address before I ship another item on eBay. Maybe others will be warnednow too.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Wonderful news!  Congratulations!  

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Excellent! Now, I would put the buyer on your blocked bidders list.

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the reply and advice, the only problem there is the user ID they used is no longer showing as a registered user. If there is another way to identify them and block them, I'd sure like to know. All I have is the name and address they used, and email, but that doesn't seem to help me find them & block them. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I never let Paypal hold my money with confirmed delivery to the confirmed address covered by seller protection, i upload the tracking and then call, if they want to dispute with a buyers carldholder account that's up to them, i met all the terms and conditions as laid down, Return my money.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@crosseyed-jr wrote:

Thanks for the reply and advice, the only problem there is the user ID they used is no longer showing as a registered user. If there is another way to identify them and block them, I'd sure like to know. All I have is the name and address they used, and email, but that doesn't seem to help me find them & block them. 

I didn`t realize they were unregistered. Unfortunatly, as far as I know, there is no other way to identify/block them. To make matters worse there is nothing really stopping them from opening another account and continue buying. Ebay does have a "unwelcome-malicious buyer policy" in place but as I have read on these forums, the policy is seldom enforced. Here is the policy(it looks to have been re-written since last I have seen it: https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/unwelcome-malicious-buying-policy?id=4375&rmvSB=...

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 8 of 8
latest reply