cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Specifics ? Help

Does anyone know how I can add an item specific box for "location" that will show up whenever I create a listing.

I kinda remember one time a CSR explaining to me rules you can create. Have googled and can't really seem to find exactly what I need, if it's possible.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Item Specifics ? Help

Thank you! its actually different than what I have been doing, but I believe it will actually work better.  

Thanks again:) 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Item Specifics ? Help

@esg-enterprises wrote:

Does anyone know how I can add an item specific box for "location" that will show up whenever I create a listing.

I kinda remember one time a CSR explaining to me rules you can create. Have googled and can't really seem to find exactly what I need, if it's possible.

Can you be more specific?

Are talking about the item,s physical location?

The item's category location?

Your location?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Item Specifics ? Help

Sorry, I have assigned locations, shelves, bins, buildings, etc for my items where I place them once listed.

In the item specifics you can scroll down to "add custom item specific".

I do this each time, click add  "location" then in box below put the location, just as you would a part #, etc.

I have to do this each time, I would like it if that could be saved, the item specific "location" for each of my listings rather than have to add the box each time.   

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Item Specifics ? Help

@esg-enterprises wrote:

Sorry, I have assigned locations, shelves, bins, buildings, etc for my items where I place them once listed.

In the item specifics you can scroll down to "add custom item specific".

I do this each time, click add  "location" then in box below put the location, just as you would a part #, etc.

I have to do this each time, I would like it if that could be saved, the item specific "location" for each of my listings rather than have to add the box each time.   

Ok I think I understand. I believe what you are looking for is the "Custom Label" attribute.

It is located in 2 places.

1 - It is located on your Active Listings page within seller hub. If you don't see the column click on the "customize" button located on the right hand side. (see screen shot 1)

That will open a window that will allow you to add or remove columns to your active listings page. (see screen shot 2) You can arrange of those columns in the order that you wish by using the up and down arrows located on the right hand side of tha window. When you get them the way that you want them be sure to hit save located on the bottom left hand side.

Once the "Custom Label" column is available within your Active Listings page you can go to each item and add what ever item number and location designation that you prefer. (see screen shot 3)

I often use item number - rack & shelf location i.e. 19453 - B3

2nd location of the "Custom Label"

2 - When you create a new listing the "Custom Label" entry is located 2 place below the title located on the listing form. (see screen shot 4)

I hope that this helps and that this is what you were actually looking for.

Screen Shot #1

Manage active listings(4).png

Screen Shot #2

Manage active listings(5).png

Screen Shot #3

Manage active listings(3).png

Screen Shot #4

Revise your listing(9).png

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Item Specifics ? Help

Thank you! its actually different than what I have been doing, but I believe it will actually work better.  

Thanks again:) 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Item Specifics ? Help

Using it already, now I can see location associated with each listing in the hub, very cool, thank you for your effort on this!
Message 6 of 6
latest reply