cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Specificis Updated and then need to be "Updated Again" Anyone else experiencing this?

I have spent almost a week updating item specifics. Last night I was down to about 20 items, yet this morning the number was back to 60 items. What is happening? Things I filled in are now empty! Can the system not SAVE inputted data???

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Item Specificis Updated and then need to be "Updated Again" Anyone else experiencing t

Same Thing With Me & I am Sick Of It!, It Does Not Benefit Us, It Didn't Last Time & It Won't This Time, & I Am Tired Of Doing Useless Work For Nothing!, Good Luck They Will Just Keep Pouring It On!

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Re: Item Specificis Updated and then need to be "Updated Again" Anyone else experiencing t

I JUST posted about this on cottage's thread.

In seasonal, they added a "custom" chpice to the drop down choices.  Data we put in before is blank now and you have to click on custom as a choice, type in the custom value and THEN it sticks/stays.

Every day our total to do changes.   Have been crossing off on a physical sheet.  It's a beast though.  Never ending beast.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I'm working on mine a little at a time.

They have revising Longaberger baskets with specific requirements like:

TYPE

BRAND

MATERIAL

HANDMADE: yes or no

COUNTRY MADE IN

DATE OF PRODUCT

We all know Longaberger and so does the shopper. I had some of these already filled out before like BRAND, COUNTRY,  DATE

Looks like when they tried adding the stupid stuff like MATRIAL, HANDMADE, TYPE, & SIZE, it erased all the information that was there.  

As Larabee on Last Man Standing would say, not cool eBay!

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Hi, Is there a reason you are doing this now? If you read this board you know the whole thing is a mess. From what I understand it is not required until July 12. I am doing it only for items I revise for another reason or a new listing.  If I do revise my items for the required I will wait as long as I can for Ebay to fix this Hot Mess.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Yup, a total mess.  I am only updating what is required.  One of my favorites things about this is the color choices.  Apparently, you have to pick from Ebay's menu regardless if your item's color is there or not.  This entire thing is a waste of time.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

gjs_16
Guide

There is a way to disable this stupidity, I forget how but something about turning off the notifications maybe.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

At first, I was dutifully updating my item specifics, then after the 3rd iteration of supposedly necessary revisions, I stopped! I'm waiting to see what items become unlistable or disqualified before I continue with revisions. I am managing an inventory of over 1200 items, and would increase the amount considerably if I did not have to return to already prepared listings to revise them so often. In my sellers hub, there are indicated  504 required changes, and 1109 recommended changes to item specifics. I might add that for vinyl records, they want me to specify the material and one of the choices is PVC. Well, LPs are made of PVC, but the generic term for "old fashion LP records" is vinyl, so why mess with the term everyone interested in records understands. It would be like calling Kleenex, soft absorbent paper instead of what all similar items are known as. <rant> With all of eBay's programming prowess <<snicker>> why do they insist on making almost everything in a category "one size fits all?" </rant>

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I have had this same issue. What's even more annoying (aside form the 1,000+ requested item specifics ) is that eBay also requests item specifics for items that have already sold. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@mamabeardsley wrote:

I have had this same issue. What's even more annoying (aside form the 1,000+ requested item specifics ) is that eBay also requests item specifics for items that have already sold. 

Just experienced this.  Sold 2 items tonight and relisted them both.  I had edited the ones that were up on Monday.  On the re-listed listings - nothing is there.  It pulls NOTHING forward, even though the listing literally ended a few hours ago.

Why is this such a challenge??  Defies ALL logic and I am so frustrated.  Waited to re-list until I had packed both boxes and verified we had more.  Then to re-list, no longer have the item in my hand.  Just did the best i could.  Who knows if anything in my listings is even close to what I am supposed to be selling?  C'mon e-Bay - Let's get organized!!  Ridiculous!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

What happens if you do not add the new item specifics?, They just remove your Listing?

Message 11 of 11
latest reply