cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with the ebay shopping cart?

Ebay shopping cart issues??

Last evening, I noticed that with various sellers the s/h caps mentioned in their listings were not properly working. In addition, even once the seller's free s/h threshold was met, the ebay cart was not applying the seller's free s/h offer. In some cases, I was able to use the "request total" option so I did not lose out on the items, but with other sellers that option was not available and I had to purchase followed with a message about the extra s/h.

With my own store, through the cart the s/h stopped capping early last evening, so I paused the free s/h offer on my promotions page and buyers are now able to use the "request total" option, but the s/h still does not discount in any way

Has anyone else had the same experience?
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Thurs nite is maintenance and anything can/will go wrong............  Is it still happening today?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Yes, it is still occuring now.   Sometime between 4 PM EST and 7 PM EST this started....does this seem a little early for Thursday night maintenance?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I was just contacted by a buyer and am having the same problem with my listings...

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

The CSR I spoke with last evening looked and did not see any similiar tickets.....just spoke to a buyer who was not able to use the "request total" option, even though other buyers have been able to.  I needed a slow weekend to catch up, but this is not how I wanted to have it.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I just got off the phone with eBay support, and they walked me through an additional setting that "should" correct the problem:

Although I have the promotion set up in the promotion manager, I had to also go to:

Account Settings -> Site Preferences -> Shipping Preferences -> Offer combined payments and shipping -> Promotional Shipping Rule

And add the promotion there. I made the change, and they said it would take a couple hours to propagate through all my listings. There is obviously some kind of issue though, even if this solves the problem. The site preferences shipping promotion applies to "ALL Listings", where the promotion manager one allows you to select based on item, category, etc.

Hopefully if they get more calls or posts about this issue, it can be adressed properly.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I reset my s/h cap through this (Account Settings -> Site Preferences -> Shipping Preferences -> Offer combined payments and shipping -> Promotional Shipping Rule) last evening and it has had no effect on what the cart shows my customers.  

I removed my free s/h offer from my "promotions" page as for most buyers it will at least allow them to request a total now. 

For the past 5 years, W/O issue, I have had my s/h cap set at the option found at "Account Settings -> Site Preferences -> Shipping Preferences -> Offer combined payments and shipping -> Promotional Shipping Rule", and more recently a free s/h offer set through the promotions page.     The two settings have worked together seemlessly for years.

What is ironic is if I add items from my store to my wife's ebay cart, once on the payment confiurmation page it shows on the list of items that "free s/h" is offered, but in the purchase confirmation box in the upper right corner of the same page, the full amount of s/h is charged.  

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Below is a screenshot from the "checkout" out page what is happening with the automated checkout system.

I added 20 99 cent items which each have 99 cent s/h to my wife's cart.   My settings are set to cap the s/h at $3.34.   This cap shows up on the left as each of the 20 items has the $0.17 'Promotional Shipping Service" price...so on the left portion of the screen the cap is working.    Now the part on the right where the "Confirm and Pay" button is located, the s/h total is $19.80 and not the $3.34 is should be.

I have had the same issue checking out with other sellers and other buyers the same issue with my checkout.

checkpng.jpg

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

We're experiencing the same problem. When I called eBay, the representative adviced me to pause the current promotion and create a new one, because the limit for a promotion is 60 days, he said first, and then said 45 days. However, we had been running the same promotion for months with no issues. Moreover, if there was a time limit for the duration of a promotion, the system would/should not let you create a promotion running over that time limit.

I created a new promotion as adviced, but it resolved nothing.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Like you, most of what has been suggested has not worked....there is clearly a system issue of some sort that ebay should be addressing internally.   I am surprised that there are not more users with this concern.   

Perhaps most users only buy and sell single items at a time....I average 9 items per transaction so my sales have been very far off today due to this.

A user just messaged me and is unable to use the "request total" on his app.....

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Knocking on some wood, looks like on my end, things are working as they are supposed to.  The s/h cap and free s/h offer are both working again.   Hopefully this is what the customers will see.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply