cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is your sales conversion rate tanking?

My sales conversion rate as of yesterday is now 1 percent. It's mid-October, my sales should be going up, not down, but somehow...? 

Aren't we supposed to be getting more sales considering all sorts of product is apparently sitting outside the country on boats that are backed up outside the ports? 

What about you? Are your conversions/sales down? "Watchers" up, inexplicably? I'm mystified. I have all kinds of product categories in my 400 item store -- *something* should be moving. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Is your sales conversion rate tanking?

Yes, my traffic and sales have been declining for 10 days in a row now, over 50% down. I for the life of my cannot figure out what exactly I am doing wrong. With a little over 2200 items(clothing) in my store I should be at or close to 10-15 sales per day; which I was for 5 day from September 29th to October 3rd and then all of a sudden on October 4th everything dropped by 50% and I had my second no sale day in 2 months yesterday. I list 15 new good solid brand pieces everyday, decent prices, discounts, coupons... the whole 9. I don't want to blame it on eBay but at this point I cannot figure out what is wrong. I feel like their is something I am doing wrong and it's staring me right in the face. Trying to trust the process here but it's getting extremely difficult. Along with sales conversion, it's all down so far this month.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Not going to say for sure but now that advanced promotion has started that you have to pay per click or your listing fall out of view and not seen?

Also with the scare of inflation and every goods prices has raised doesn't give a lot of surplus on non necessities

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Its not you folks. But eBay will say it is.....

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Hey there, a couple of days ago looking at my conversation rate I switched my whole store over to promoted listings, the automatic one. I've gotten 3 sales this week but it's just so much lower than it was last year; in fact a lot lower than it was 2 months ago. 

I'm starting to suspect the Fall algorithm update is hiding some percentage of sellers based on some criteria we don't know, 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Hiya -- have you tried converting to promoted listings? I have no idea if it will work but it was the only thing I had an inkling to try last week. Apparently according to scuttle the new algorithm is stressing promoted listings when previously no one could see that it mattered whether the listing was promoted or not. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@donsdetour wrote:

The new normal is for eBay searches not to be done in eBay. In all my years of selling (15+) my listings were routinely found in eBay (OOAK type items). Comparison views report below.

Jan to Mar 2021Jan to Mar 2021Sept 2021Sept 2021

-Lotz

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Yes, I currently have all of my listings promoted at 5% but will be bumping that up next month. I usually only promote at 3.5% and sales were always okay.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I put my top rate in as 10 percent. The last time I tried this I just let Ebay do the "suggested rate". I used to trust them a lot more, lol. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Mine are similar to yours with the caveat that if my store is not on sale, Ebay shuts down external views it seems to me. At this point there are so few reference points the only thing that might be objectively true are my actual sales, lol. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@donsdetour wrote:

The new normal is for eBay searches not to be done in eBay. In all my years of selling (15+) my listings were routinely found in eBay (OOAK type items). Comparison views report below.

Jan to Mar 2021Jan to Mar 2021Sept 2021Sept 2021

-Lotz

And because of the sudden loss of views/watchers earlier today traffic has also been reset to 0000

-Lotz

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Not today, but it's happpened to me. After talking to a rep who told me that " there was just more competition now" I finally just put my store on vacation for a week. I think what happened that time is that the break let me rejoin the corrected algorithm. 

But given the shenanigans going on with Ebay this week I'm actually wondering if they're hacked. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply