cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this feedback removable?

I'm pretty sure it is, but I can't confirm since it hasn't happened to me yet.

A buyer who buys something but was problematic. Then they get on your BBL list, find out about it and get upset. If they leave you a negative feedback with the comment referring they've been blocked, that would be removable right?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

So, this hasn't happened to you? You're just asking in advance in case it might happen to you someday?

Do you mean you're concerned they might leave a negative feedback comment for the transaction they already had with you before you blocked them? Like, they bought something, they didn't leave feedback, then you blocked them, then they found out they'd been blocked, and they went back (within 60 days) and left negative feedback on the original transaction?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I would say...

If the feedback was about the transaction = not removable.

If the feedback was NOT about the transaction but about you blocking them = removable.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Yes, exactly.

A chatty buyer I had was pretty troublesome to deal with but I eventually made her satisfied. She mentions how she'll buy from me again because of how nice I was... honestly it's not worth the effort for me to sell to her again. Too many demands and nitpicky-ness. She hasn't left feedback yet for the original purchase, and I see that she apparently leaves lots of negative feedbacks.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

Yes, exactly.

A chatty buyer I had was pretty troublesome to deal with but I eventually made her satisfied. She mentions how she'll buy from me again because of how nice I was... honestly it's not worth the effort for me to sell to her again. Too many demands and nitpicky-ness. She hasn't left feedback yet for the original purchase, and I see that she apparently leaves lots of negative feedbacks.

@inhawaii is correct.  If I were in your situation, I'd WAIT for them to leave FB, then block them.  Don't do it just yet.  If they leave you negative FB on this transaction, then come on back and lets discuss your options.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

If they leave you a negative feedback with the comment referring they've been blocked, that would be removable right?

The feedback removal policy says

"If a member has violated one of our feedback policies, you can ask us to have it removed. Once we review it, we may remove the entire feedback, or just the comment or the rating"

I don't think anyone here has a good handle on what eBay customer support may or may not do.

Especially since the feedback policy doesn't really state what the feedback policies are anymore ...

Message 6 of 6
latest reply