cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to create coupons for repeat customers

I want to offer coupons for my repeat buyers to motivate them to buy from me again.   In other words, I want to create a coupon with a certain code that only those who purchased from me in the past will know.  And to include this in the Packing Slip.   A simple coupon, like 10 OFF for example (10% off).  

Couldn't locate anything of the sort in the Manage Promotions.  

Any ideas are appreciated

Everything is always okay in the end,
if it's not, then it's not the end.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I personally do not have repeat customers, but what a great idea.  Some type of system to offer and automated discount would be amazing for sales for some people. 

I can see this driving revenue up for many folks.   I am sure the database programming is a bit of a pain, but for individual sellers to have that ability and have the system track lets say that user ID with your user ID for maybe a 12 month period I am sure if possible.

Maybe like 2nd purchase they get 5%, 3rd 10% and 4th maybe 15% or whatever works. 

Still awesome idea.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I personally do not have repeat customers, but what a great idea.  Some type of system to offer and automated discount would be amazing for sales for some people. 

I can see this driving revenue up for many folks.   I am sure the database programming is a bit of a pain, but for individual sellers to have that ability and have the system track lets say that user ID with your user ID for maybe a 12 month period I am sure if possible.

Maybe like 2nd purchase they get 5%, 3rd 10% and 4th maybe 15% or whatever works. 

Still awesome idea.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Go to the drop down menu on the Promotions page...select Codeless Coupon...it's the closest thing ebay has to what you are looking for.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Reason I was asking is  that some other sites include this in their packing slips automatically

Everything is always okay in the end,
if it's not, then it's not the end.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

A couple of thoughts;

How many repeat customers do you anticipate you'll have in the next 12 months?

How many repeat customers have you had in the last 12 months?

Categorize your items, IE.  Coffee mugs, Hellfire missile parts, first edition classic novels, etc.  Track the number of times items in those categories sell to guide you to add more items that have stronger demands.

What coupon expiration time are you considering one, six, twelve months.  Regardless of the discount format, you should assign some sort of coupon identification code to each coupon (not #1, #2, #3 etc.)  link it to that buyers name, specific item bought and an expiration date.

A simple ledger can track the coupons issued and redeemed etc. I don't think you'll a fancy spread sheet program for this documentation.

Buyer who have returned items should be denied the coupon discount if you haven't blocked them.

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@duggmills wrote:

A couple of thoughts;

How many repeat customers do you anticipate you'll have in the next 12 months?

How many repeat customers have you had in the last 12 months?

Categorize your items, IE.  Coffee mugs, Hellfire missile parts, first edition classic novels, etc.  Track the number of times items in those categories sell to guide you to add more items that have stronger demands.

What coupon expiration time are you considering one, six, twelve months.  Regardless of the discount format, you should assign some sort of coupon identification code to each coupon (not #1, #2, #3 etc.)  link it to that buyers name, specific item bought and an expiration date.

A simple ledger can track the coupons issued and redeemed etc. I don't think you'll a fancy spread sheet program for this documentation.

Buyer who have returned items should be denied the coupon discount if you haven't blocked them.

Haha... what? Smiley LOL

I knew I had to ask him about the mysteries of life
He spit between his boots and he replied
"It's faster horses, younger women,
Older whiskey, and more money"
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I do not see Codeless Coupon.  I have a basic store; is this a feature for the higher level stores only?  I would like to do the same thing.  

Thanks,

Renee

Message 7 of 7
latest reply