cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is ebay broken? Wont let me use PayPal or update debit card

Thinking about closing my selling account when I go to update credit card it leads to a bank site when I try to access PayPal to process a transaction it doesn't remember my PayPal account I've had for years.  The only transactions that will go through are the monthly store subscription.  I'm kinda screwed.  Everything is getting returned or refunded as soon as tracking doesn't update.  I'm wondering if this is the end of ebay 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

ooooookaaaaaaay

Are you asking as a seller or as a buyer? Makes a big difference.

Buyers can use PayPal; but PayPal does not process transactions for sellers anymore Since mid-2021, sellers need to be signed up for eBay Managed Payments.

Please provide more information so we can help you with this.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

You need to update to Managed Payments. You need to verify your bank account. You will need to give ebay your social security number.  

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

You don't go to Pay Pal to process a transaction.

Pay Pal hasn't processed payments for Ebay for about 2 years now.

To be paid, you have to provide a checking account and your SSN.

Have a great day.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Why are you trying to process ANYTHING at Paypal? 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@benshobbies 

Hold the phone... you're paying for a monthly store subscription and you didn't know that you get funds through MP?

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Whate mp?

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

MP  (managed payments) processes payments for sellers now, not Paypal. It's an eBay setup, not an outside source for managing payments.

Sellers don't use PayPal, they have to give an online bank account and their SSN to eBay as part for selling.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I've done that but when I go to payments and add debit card it just goes to a blank screen or says link broken 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@benshobbies wrote:

I've done that but when I go to payments and add debit card it just goes to a blank screen or says link broken 

You DON'T add a Debit Card to anything. You add a Bank Account direct only. Routing number/Account number. Has NOTHING to do with Debit Cards.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

You need a checking account (specifically) which you already have, since a debit card is basically electronic checking.

It has to be with a bank in your own country. (I'm not sure about US credit unions, which are acceptable here in Canada.)

You have to provide your SSN (or IFTN?) because eBay is required to report your gross income to the IRS.

You may need to provide other identification. I used my passport. DH used his driving license.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@benshobbies wrote:

Are you trying to add a debit card to cover refunds and fee's?

Have a great day.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

You need a checking account (specifically) which you already have, since a debit card is basically electronic checking.

It has to be with a bank in your own country. (I'm not sure about US credit unions, which are acceptable here in Canada.)

US credit unions are fine. I use one for my selling. I just uploaded the Routing number and Checking account number, same as a bank.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply