cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Top Rated Status all or nothing as far as requirements?

To this day, all of my listings of a few hundred follow TRS requirements. However, I recently decided to add new products that are very light and can be shipped with a stamp through regular mail. Because of the tracking number requirements for TRS, will these new products result in me losing the badge for all listings? Or is it possible for some listings to have TRS while the new ones don't?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

'Regular' TRS requires 95% tracking within stated handling time.  TRS Plus can be on some listings and not on others.  I.e. the discount can be on some listings but if you aren't tracking those, it's going to drop your % down below 95 most likely.  So you'll lose all TRS.   That's as far as I know and have experienced but it could be different (?) for others. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Probably better to open a new ID specifically for the white envelope stuff.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Yes. Even those untracked items are not "top rated" they will count toward your total % of tracked packages and you will lose TRS the following month if your average drops below 95%.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It's sad that ebay will "punish" members who don't use what ebay doesn't require them to use. Tracking is not a requirement. I do use it all the time, but your ratings shouldn't go down if your buyers are happy. The algorithm that ebay uses is flawed.

The TRS should be eliminated in my opinion.

You just have to do your best despite it all.

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 5 of 5
latest reply