cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Paypal having a transaction posting delay today, 5/20/20?

Had 2 sales, and neither one is showing up on the detailed page.  The balance is higher, but it only shows the 2 sales I had yesterday.  

I searched the forum but couldn't find this question.  Is anyone else experiencing a delay?

I like to see the transactions appear on the Paypal website before shipping.  I received the Paypal you've got cash emails.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is Paypal having a transaction posting delay today, 5/20/20?

I've had several like that the last couple days.  On my sold page, I click on View Paypal Transaction, takes me to my account, and the payment is there.  Strange but it works.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Has anyone experienced this?  It's been an hour now, and no sign of those 2 sales on Paypal.

Would you go ahead and ship, if you had gotten the Paypal emails (which look legit), but there's no trace of it/them on the Paypal website, save for the balance being higher?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I've had several like that the last couple days.  On my sold page, I click on View Paypal Transaction, takes me to my account, and the payment is there.  Strange but it works.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

One transaction showed up, so it looks like there is some kind of delay.

The other transaction, though, is the one I'm concerned about.  From the get-go, it's been odd.  This guy won the auction, and then said he couldn't pay my Paypal account, it kept bouncing.  He wanted to do a bank transfer or have my Paypal address.  Of course I didn't do that.  Then he said he's in France, and wanted us to open up our account to do international shipping.  But we didn't do that.  So this is the 4th day, and he finally paid.  It looks like it's going to a Chinese named person in a New York apartment.

Now, it may all be fine, but there were red flags all over the place.  But since he paid, we'll need to ship, and he didn't actually blatantly do anything wrong.  

But why is it taking so long for this to show up on the Paypal website???

Any seasoned sellers have any thoughts about all of this?

Thank you.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for responding, biggymoe!  I'm going to try that!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I still have some qualms about this transaction, but the transaction/payment IS there on Paypal, when I used your method!

Thank you very much, biggymoe!  If you were here, and if there wasn't social distancing, I would want to give you a big hug for taking the time to help!   😄

Take care, and have a wonderful day!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply