cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is It Possible to Change the "Member since" Date on the "About" Page?

Is it possible for us to change the following information on our profile as pictured, the Member since date?
2022-12-19_16-52-04.jpg

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

@baileyknightslarry wrote:

I have proof that the username is exactly the same. With the date that the email was sent, as well as what I ordered. It’s a username I used for everything- it includes my high school’s mascot, and my name. I swear to god letter for letter each character is exactly the same. 

So where is this proof you speak of? 
You really kept an email for 14 yrs? 
Your eBay ID may be the same letter for letter, but if eBay deleted the one you supposedly signed up with in 2010 you could use that eBay ID again since there would be no trace of the old one. 

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

@baileyknightslarry wrote:

I have proof that the username is exactly the same. With the date that the email was sent, as well as what I ordered. It’s a username I used for everything- it includes my high school’s mascot, and my name. I swear to god letter for letter each character is exactly the same. 

There was a hacking incident in 2014, IIRC, after which eBay required all accounts to change their password.

Any accounts that did not change their password, were closed down. Your current account has never received any feedback, so it is quite possible that your original account was shut down, if you weren't active then and didn't see the notice. And then you opened a new account with the same user ID when you came back about 3 years or so later. If you tried to log in to a closed account, it's actually fairly easy to just create a new account with the same ID. User IDs can be reused after 30 days have elapsed since the ID was changed.

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

 I totally agree that what most likely happened is that the og account was deleted/deactivated and a new account was created with the same username but… now realizing I might be an email hoarder since I have eBay emails from… 18 years ago 😂

IMG_5546.jpeg

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

Too funny… I’m an email deleter I read em and discard em. Same with snail mail. It maybe an OCD thing 🤷🏻‍♀️

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Ever since Gmail started basically giving infinite storage space, I don’t think I’ve deleted anything other than spam lol

I still have confirmation emails for all my eBay purchases. Guess I’ll never be one of those people asking for listing info for purchases from years ago 😂

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 21 of 21
latest reply