cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice for International Shipping?

I am trying to send an invoice for three auctions that were bought from someone internationally, so that I can combine the shipping. I am getting a message from eBay that " Invoices can't  be sent for eBay International Shipping orders".  Does anyone have any advice on this? Thanks

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Invoice for International Shipping?

If you are encountering an issue with sending an invoice for eBay International Shipping orders, here are a few suggestions you can consider:

Contact eBay Customer Support: Reach out to eBay's customer support for assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on your situation and help resolve any issues related to sending invoices for international orders.

Use eBay's Combined Shipping: Instead of sending a separate invoice, consider using eBay's combined shipping feature. This feature allows you to combine multiple items into a single shipment, potentially reducing shipping costs for the buyer. Check eBay's help documentation or contact customer support to learn how to use the combined shipping feature.

Communicate with the Buyer: Reach out to the buyer directly through eBay's messaging system or other contact methods available. Explain the situation and offer to manually calculate the combined shipping cost for the three auctions. You can then provide the buyer with the total amount to pay, including shipping.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@igetsupgoods wrote:

I am trying to send an invoice for three auctions that were bought from someone internationally, so that I can combine the shipping. I am getting a message from eBay that " Invoices can't  be sent for eBay International Shipping orders".  Does anyone have any advice on this? Thanks

If you are using eBay International Shipping you cannot at this time combine different items into a single order.

Why eBay didn't have this functionality right from the beginning can  only be chalked up to "bad planning and typical behaviour". They have never been good at logistics.

No doubt combined orders will be possible at some point down the road but it might not be until ???.

You could try explaining the issue to the buyer, you could propose to cancel the 3 orders (use Buyer Requested as the reason) and then make a custom listing of all three comics, they can buy that and will have a much lower shipping cost.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

As @slippinjimmy mentioned, you cannot send an invoice when you use eBay international shipping.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

"No doubt combined orders will be possible at some point"

GSP never fixed this. eIS works just like GSP. Have no choice but to send directly if you want to offer combined shipping internationally.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

After the first few months the gsp combined the international shipping portion if items were put in a cart and paid for together. But the domestic shipping portion was never combined,   EIS does not combine either.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

If you encounter issues with sending an invoice for eBay International Shipping orders, here are a few suggestions to consider:

1. Contact eBay Customer Support: Get in touch with eBay's customer support for assistance. They can offer specific guidance tailored to your situation and help you resolve any problems related to sending invoices for international orders.

2. Utilize eBay's Combined Shipping: Instead of sending separate invoices, explore eBay's combined shipping feature. This option allows you to combine multiple items into a single shipment, potentially reducing shipping costs for the buyer. You can refer to eBay's help documentation or contact customer support to learn how to utilize the combined shipping feature effectively.

Regards:

apkfik

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@igetsupgoods wrote:

If you are using eBay International Shipping you cannot at this time combine different items into a single order.

Why eBay didn't have this functionality right from the beginning can  only be chalked up to "bad planning and typical behaviour". They have never been good at logistics.

No doubt combined orders will be possible at some point down the road but it might not be until ???.

You could try explaining the issue to the buyer, you could propose to cancel the 3 orders (use Buyer Requested as the reason) and then make a custom listing of all three comics, they can buy that and will have a much lower shipping cost.

I don't get a lot of combined shipping situations but even domestic ones present some issues, especially with BIN IPR required items. I have always found working with the buyer to cancel the orders, per their request, and creating a custom listing bundle to be the best solution provided it can be done within the USPS and EIS size and weight limits. It will save the buyer postage on both the domestic leg shipping to the center as well as the international leg. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply