cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International shipping question

I'm concerned, but not sure if I need to be.  Sold three items via best offer to France. these are counted cross stitch kits (not a high scam item in any universe). I usually sell by the global shipping program, but it didn't seem to work on this purchase. So I quoted the padded international flat rate shipping in the invoice.  

She paid. When I went to do the shipping label, it says that no tracking is available for this service.  So I looked at the limitations and it says that France is not part of tracking.  

My inclination is just to ship and hope for the best. These are not a high scam items.  The total was $55 for the kits and $35 for shipping.  Definitely would hate to lose the kits and my money, but is this really a scammer type of situation?  Any thoughts from y'all?

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

I would use First Class and ship it.

I am pretty sure that France has E-Delcon tracking.

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

France is on the Electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation International Service list for First-Class Package International Service;

https://pe.usps.com/text/imm/immc2_022.htm

Your post office can confirm this and show you the needed forms and price

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 3 of 28
latest reply

But the weight is over 1 pound. One pound 8 ounces, so can I still send it first class international? thought it had to go priority mail over 1 pound?

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

@craftysandy1961wrote:

But the weight is over 1 pound. One pound 8 ounces, so can I still send it first class international? thought it had to go priority mail over 1 pound?

first class international is up to four pounds

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

"Your post office can confirm this and show you the needed forms and price"

There is no need to go to the post office.

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

Okay, I just looked and apparently I can do first class international at that weight. But the ebay shipping is still telling me that it doesn't have delivery confirmation.  Help!

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

"But the ebay shipping is still telling me that it doesn't have delivery confirmation."

They are full of carp.

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

So if I purchase first class international through ebay, will all the forms print out and will I be able to get delivery confirmation?

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

@craftysandy1961wrote:

Yes, as blueberry said

"Eligible for flats up to 4 lbs"

Keep in mind it is First class international package service

When you go to the post office confirm you did it correctly since you have never done it before.

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 10 of 28
latest reply

"When you go to the post office confirm you did it correctly since you have never done it before."

There is no reason to talk to anyone at the post office. 

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

"So if I purchase first class international through ebay, will all the forms print out and will I be able to get delivery confirmation?"

Yes.

Everything is printed on one half page.

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

That link is for First Class Mail (flats). Sandy needs First Class Package service.

Scroll down this page.

https://www.usps.com/international/mail-shipping-services.htm

Here's the list of countries with delivery confirmation.

https://pe.usps.com/text/imm/immc2_022.htm

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

Here is another link for you.

https://www.usps.com/international/first-class-mail-international.htm

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 14 of 28
latest reply

Correct. That's why I emphasise "Keep in mind it is First class international package service" cross post

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 15 of 28
latest reply