cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Shipping on Items when I do not ship outside the USA

I found an order from a Overseas ebay member this morning but shipped to a IL address. Only problem is I do not ship overseas and have not for years on e-bay as I had trouble with buyers and lost money on a number of sales so I canceled all overseas sales on e-bay. when I got the sale I checked and found this on a number of listings. Many of these countries I would never ship to as their postal systems are a total mess. I never change my listing to show overseas shipping so what is going on with e-bay? Has this happened to anyone else? Why am I shipping to a US address and with My US postage charged , but the listing showing the customer charged for overseas postage? I will not be responsible for this package being shipped overseas. 

Item location:
Providence, Rhode Island, United States
Ships to: 
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan Republic, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, British Virgin Islands, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde Islands, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Congo, Republic of the, Costa Rica, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon Republic, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, South, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City State, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna, Western Sahara, Western Samoa, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

They are using a reshipper who is located in the US......your responsibility is to ship to the US address. As long as you can show tracking to the US address you are covered for a non receipt claim......if they claim not as described they will have to send the item back.......but you are only responsible for postage from the reshipper in IL. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

This item #255780872752 is showing Ebay International Shipping.

There have been a couple other post about it being added to their listings, when they don't want it.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Your buyer apparently uses a freight forwarder in the US.  You'll be shipping to a US address.  Your responsibility for safe delivery ends at the door of the freight forwarder.  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@biblioboy wrote:

I found an order from a Overseas ebay member this morning but shipped to a IL address. Only problem is I do not ship overseas ... Why am I shipping to a US address and with My US postage charged , but the listing showing the customer charged for overseas postage?

Illinois is not overseas.

The shipping shown in the listing will reflect whatever country or US ZIP Code you enter, even after the item is Sold. To see what the buyer saw, enter the ZIP Code for the IL address.

It does look like the eBay gremlins have added a lot of international shipping to your listings. Time for a revision to correct this.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply