cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Buyer claiming Transaction Not Recognized - anything I can do?

So I sold over $1000 of items to an international buyer (over the course of 2 weeks and 6 different orders). Their account seemed normal enough as they'd been a member since 2013 and had good feedback themselves.

I shipped each item individually with tracking as they were ordered separately through eBay labels (no orders were over $750 individually). Now about 3 weeks after items were each delivered and seller left feedback on my page, I got hit with separate disputes for each transaction saying there's nothing for me to do except wait for the buyer's Financial Institution for a result. 

I'm reading the rules on eBay right now and I do believe I should be covered by seller protection in this case, but I'm not entirely sure and am really nervous that my money is on the line.  I am a little worried since the overall cost of all of his transactions were over $750 and I don't have a signature, but they were all separate orders and shipped separately so surely that doesn't include the $750 signature requirement?

Can anyone please advise? Is there anything I can/should do in the meantime despite eBay Disputes telling me to sit tight to wait for a result? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: International Buyer claiming Transaction Not Recognized - anything I can do?

I didn't notice, but it does say I'm covered by seller protection for each specific dispute. So does that mean if the dispute is decided in the buyer's favor will I be protected? Any input is appreciated

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: International Buyer claiming Transaction Not Recognized - anything I can do?

Unrecognized transactions are usually settled when the tracking show delivered to registered recipients correct address on file. I think the cases ask you to confirm the tracking number within each case and I would do that for sure. They should be covered if the tracking shows delivered. If you run unto any problems come back here for more advice on what to do.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Put the tracking number into the cases. You sold them individually so put in the tracking number for each. It seems redundant since ebay already has the tracking on file but I always add them again to the cases.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Hmm there's nowhere for  me to enter the tracking #. It simply says "The good news is that there's nothing you need to do because you're protected for this dispute through eBay's seller protection policy. "

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@wanderingidly wrote:

Hmm there's nowhere for  me to enter the tracking #. It simply says "The good news is that there's nothing you need to do because you're protected for this dispute through eBay's seller protection policy. "

Then, yes, you are covered and there is nothing for you to do. eBay has already decided in your favor.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

You’ll be fine. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

So I don't see anything listed or sold on this account so assuming this is your posting account. I was going to check and see if those items were shipped through the EIS program in which case you are covered for about any kind of buyer claim including chargebacks. 

If they did not go through the EIS program you should still be fine. These are generally easy chargeback cases for the seller to win and eBay has been providing the information the CC company needs for these types of chargebacks. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply