cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increased Final Value Fees

Am I reading the information on Final Value Fees correctly?  It looks like final value fees on clothing and jewelry are being increased again from 13 percent to 15 percent?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Increased Final Value Fees

I think the confusion that I had when I saw the 15% final value fees on a page in the seller center was that it was obviously for non-store sellers.  I knew that I was only being charged 13% on jewelry (not talking about watches).  I have a store so the final value fees are reduced from 15% to 13% which is what I knew I was paying.  Sorry for the confusion.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 12 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Maybe post a link to where you are reading that information. 

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I don't see any fee increases in the fall update.  Where are you seeing that? 

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

the FVF for jewelry and watches have been 15% for a while

its old news and not current

@lconway50 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

There must be a problem with the payment tabs information then because the page where they break down the fees on my sales from this past weekend show the final sale amount X 13.00 and that amount is what they deducted from my payment.  

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4822#:~:text=Handbags,less%2...  I am not very computer savvy so I hope this is the correct link.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Maybe it is less because I have a basic store?

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Your link appears to be the fee schedule that went into effect seven (7) months ago . . . . .

on February 14 or 15, 2023.  

At that time the Final Value Fees (FVFs) on a lot of clothing were raised from 12.9% to 13.25%. 
The increase was .35%, less than one-half of one percent.  

Also at that time, the FVFs for watches and watch parts -- were not change one tiny bit.  

Kinda-old news.  

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

But OP sells in "Jewelry and watches," where the FVF is 15%, as shown in the fees page that they linked to. The rate went into effect over a year ago:

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/payments-and-fees/final-value-fee-increase-in-jewelry

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

"Also at that time," -- 

meaning the fee revision in February of 2023 --

"the FVFs for watches and watch parts -- were not change one tiny bit."

The Final Value Fee percentage in those categories, watches and watch parts, became 15% in August of 2022.  

Then, six months later, in February of 2023, when some other categories' FVFs were raised, the FVF in the  watches and watch parts categories remained the same.

In February of  2023, the FVFs for watches and watch parts were not changed one tiny little bit from the rate that went into effect six months earlier.  

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

fees on my sales from this past weekend show the final sale amount X 13.00

You have a Store.

One of the perks of a Store is slightly lower fees

EBay charges higher fees on categories where sales are slow, and the category crowded.  It is definitely meant to discourage those listings, and not an error.

I list in Books but have been cutting back on purchases for resale because of fees, unless the author is a steady* seller like John Wyndham or Leo Frankowski.

*You've never heard of them? More sales for me! Protip- bestsellers aren't.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I think the confusion that I had when I saw the 15% final value fees on a page in the seller center was that it was obviously for non-store sellers.  I knew that I was only being charged 13% on jewelry (not talking about watches).  I have a store so the final value fees are reduced from 15% to 13% which is what I knew I was paying.  Sorry for the confusion.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@lconway50 

If my memory serves be they raised that rate a year ago or more.  You can likely Google it and find out when they raised it, but it was a long time ago.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote: ... they raised that rate a year ago or more.  You can likely Google it and find out when they raised it ....

You can use Google or you can look at the link in post #9.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

That surprises you?  They are the most saturated categories on ebay!

Message 15 of 16
latest reply