cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase in Minimum Promotion "Bribe" to 2% Hurts Sellers Already In Pain

I found the eBay "promotion fee" shady to begin with. Essentially having to "bribe" eBay to show my listings feels like I am giving protection money to the local mob boss, so that I can stay in business.

Now, I see that eBay will essentially hide my listings way down on some page the user will never find, unless I not only continue to pay my protection money, but pay even more than I had to in the past. eBay has increased the minimum bribe from 1% to 2%. Doubling this fee at a time when sellers are suffering tremendously due to a dramatic slowdown in retail buying activity, REALLY hurts.

I believe, in these times, eBay should be REDUCING fees - sharing the pain with its loyal community of sellers. I've been selling on eBay for almost 25 years. And I feel like I am bearing all of the burden of both declining sales and increasing fees.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Increase in Minimum Promotion "Bribe" to 2% Hurts Sellers Already In Pain

I only search within the states so there's little foreign junk, if any to move through.  Then again I am mostly buying laptop or PC parts that go into my resale cost affecting my bottom line so it matters if I can get ten chargers for $20 less or save xx on some ram.  Etc etc.  Nor could I do with the wait time from China orders either.   

Generally when I look at the default best match it's usually far more expensive.  Yeah I might have to skip over the first few cheapest because it's due to damage or missing parts but even if I'm shopping for cloths, I'd rather pay 20 for the same pair of pants that's 30. 

I sell tech so it's somewhat saturated but since I sell mainly lots of one of stuff I don't tend to get buried in a basic search, thankfully. 

Message 31 of 31
latest reply