cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im a little confused

I know this won’t change a thing but I’m just trying to see EBAY rational. 

buyer pays for item payment goes into pending for two days. I get it takes a second for the money to transfer . Except that I get emails about using that pending money and buying stuff on eBay. Not one or two but like 4 per sale . So I can use it to purchase stuff on eBay but I can’t deposit it into my bank account. And eBay for some reason can’t use pending for promoted listing fees  or if a buyers wants a refund or for shipping. All that comes out of available. Here’s an other one for you. Buyer buys an item on the 29th click into the sold and it straight up says purchased and paid for on the 29th but in payments it says purchased on the 30th so payments held on to untill the 2nd but I have to ship by the 30th. I don’t have same day shipping at all. Unless EBay is changing my policy on how I ship without asking seems like they are deliberately holding onto a payment for an extra 24hrs. It’s amazing how you can read about all these mishaps and money screw ups and it’s all Glitches flaws In the programming. Ever see one of these flaws favor the seller or do they always seem to favor eBay who then says ooops once noticed. These are just my thoughts I know it’s always the selllers fault buyers are perfect and EBay is flawless. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Im a little confused

yes you can use pending funds for shipping but if there is funds that are available for withdraw they would come out of that first.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Im a little confused

"...And eBay for some reason can’t use pending for promoted listing fees  or if a buyers wants a refund or for shipping. .."

are you sure about this?

funny thing about that...if I have a payment/debit/charge due on my account for store fees, recurring listing fees, etc.... it is deducted from the funds from a pending sale that occurs while these decits are due. And shipping 101 tells us we can use funds immediately for shipping (with the caveat we use ebay labels).

That would seem to be contrary to your claim above..

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Im a little confused

@diecastorbust wrote:

So I can use it to purchase stuff on eBay but I can’t deposit it into my bank account. And eBay for some reason can’t use pending for promoted listing fees  or if a buyers wants a refund or for shipping. 

Can't speak to the earlier items you mentioned, but as for your last item (about using pending funds for shipping), yes, you absolutely can. You will find the option for choosing pending funds at the lower left of your Shipping form.

@diecastorbust wrote:

All that comes out of available. 

No, payment for postage can come out of pending funds.

@diecastorbust wrote:

Buyer buys an item on the 29th click into the sold and it straight up says purchased and paid for on the 29th but in payments it says purchased on the 30th so payments held on to untill the 2nd but I have to ship by the 30th. I don’t have same day shipping at all.

If those are late-day purchases, there might be some time-zone errors creeping in. Adyen (handling payments) is over in Europe (Amsterdam), anywhere from 6-9 hours ahead. eBay is on Pacific time, 3 hours behind you in Eastern time.

@diecastorbust wrote:

It’s amazing how you can read about all these mishaps and money screw ups and it’s all Glitches flaws In the programming. 

Yes, there are plenty of those. For example, if I drop a package in the Self Serve Kiosk in the post office lobby, for some reason eBay fails to see the actual timestamp of the provisional Acceptance scan that you get from the SSK, instead logging it as Midnight beginning whatever the current day is here. They then deduct two hours from that (backing up from the Central time zone where I am to the Pacific time zone where they are), and my order page then shows that I somehow shipped it the day before it was purchased. Here's an example from the Order Details page of a recent shipment: sale on the 24th but I somehow shipped it on the 23rd:

Timezone_error.jpg

It's a silly bug but not one that has caused trouble for me (yet).

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Im a little confused

No they don’t they get subtracted from your available funds not your pending and if you have no available funds then they go negative until your pending funds are released . 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Im a little confused

This is objectively not true.  It even says right on the page that it can be taken from your pending funds.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Im a little confused

@brightlightbookseller wrote:

This is objectively not true.  It even says right on the page that it can be taken from your pending funds.

I use pending funds for shipping at least once or twice a week.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Im a little confused

yes you can use pending funds for shipping but if there is funds that are available for withdraw they would come out of that first.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply