cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you had the power to do so: What would you change about eBay to make you a better Seller? Top 3?

If you had the power to do so: What would you change about eBay to make you a better Seller? Top 3?

1.  Remove ad from listings.   I believe too many add confuse customers and forces them to shop elsewhere.

2.  Eliminate selling fees on shipping cost.

3.  Better search exposure of my products.   I struggle on how to achieve this.   What is within my control that I can do better to get this accomplished.

4.  Remove seller defects after 1 year . Let us learn and continue to grow without the added stress.

5.  eBay should create a buyer's  wish list and when a seller lists that exact item, the buyer is sent the seller's item number.  The buyer can pay a listing fee to list what they are in need of or wish to have.  

Your turn...............go for it!

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: If you had the power to do so: What would you change about eBay to make you a better Seller? Top

I would have a search engine that worked. The one right now is hopeless. 

I would ask they quit guesstimating delivery dates for us. I don't have a post office at the end of my street. I live rural, so my post office is rural, it takes a day to get it to one of the hubs to get started on it's journey. Right there I lose a day. I know what my delivery time is, leave me alone. I also face the wrath of Mother Nature. It may take me three days to dig out after a snowstorm to get to a post office! Leave me alone, I know when I can ship. I let my customers know when the buy it may be delayed. Leave me alone.

Have better categories to list items in. Some need to be drilled down more or at least make more sense. It can not be a one-size-fits-all approach, especially for vintage. 

I know I will think of more but this is just a start. 

Postage, fees, ads are moot, they will never change or are beyond eBay's control.

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

Re: If you had the power to do so: What would you change about eBay to make you a better Seller? Top

And, let us list unicorns as pets and sell them.

Message 32 of 34
latest reply

I would love if they got rid of the ads IN the listings, especially those of some of my distributors (yes, I have seen them advertising). Not a TRS thing, but it would be nice if I could get payouts on demand without a cellphone too. I have a landline so without texts I can't set that up. 

Message 33 of 34
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@retro_entertainment_collectibles 

Re: Tracking

When I first got on eBay approx 20 years ago, I knew if I bought something with cheaper postage it was going to take longer. I looked at it as a choice the seller was offering me. I was using my discretion when I clicked buy. Now, when a seller offers for sake of argument a cheaper no bells and whistles shipping option they are held accountable by eBay and the buyer when with those types of services there is nothing a seller can do once they've dropped in the mailbox. The only way I can actually get an item to a buyer in a specific time is if they are willing to include airfare, car rental and hotels in the cost of delivery. That's not gonna happen. I know. I've suggested. It's like when you buy a 200 dollar tv and try to compare it to 2000. It's not going to be the same experience. 

-Lotz

PS. If I listed everything I sold with premium shipping options only I would have very few sales. That's how it would work for most sellers. 

TV's a bad analogy as many of them are basically the same thing internally and if one simply flashes the service port with new software presto albeit some components may get too distressed.  Years back my brother did that for me to a LG TV which turned into a $500 more expensive Samsung TV thanks to Linux and some software some dude wrote.

Tracking is the only form of validation that commonly exists, no argument there.  The day isn't here yet when we can put merchandise into the Microwave oven, feed it a USB a card and presto it shows up in the buyers microwave oven LOL.

It's no secret the USPS keeps driving up rates, 20 years ago I could Priority mail a medium box for $3.95 thereabouts.  Has the value of the US Dollar declined 300%+ since then?  No idea.

I can't, don't and won't blame eBay for things completely out of their hands which is far far far more than that which is within their control.  I do believe there are many things the company can do to make the eBay experience better for both sellers and buyers but I don't walk in the corporations shoes.  I can't attest to what pressures and such exist within the company and externally pressed upon the company.  From the outside looking in is more often than not completely different than from the inside looking out. 

No different than say my Smartphone which seems amazingly simple and magical enough for me to engage in myriads of wonderous things!  But I'm a software engineer and I know its far from simple and certainly not magic.  My little phone has more computing power and sophisticated software and engineering than it took to put a man on the moon.  It's more power than the Space Shuttle onboard machines had.  But when I'm using it I don't consider all that went into it nor Samsung corporation's daily struggles, future vision or much anything else.  Same same.

A big problem in America, perhaps much of the world is everyone cares be judge and jury myself often included albeit I try not to.  What I have found is most things that seem ever so simple are usually quite the opposite, ever so complex.  I'd cite my journey to "faith" but eBay won't let me roll.  I admire those people who just know, my journey given my Mr. Spock Logi-Noodle far far far more complex.

Message 34 of 34
latest reply