cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If a seller does NOT accept questions should you buy from them especially *DOES NOT ACCEPT RETURNS*?

I wanted to buy a hallway runner, but need to know if it was rubber backed and washable. Tried to contact seller to ask, an received this eBay reply>We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing.

Not only that, but the seller DOES NOT accept returns..

Would you buy for such a seller?

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

If a seller does NOT accept questions should you buy from them especially *DOES NOT ACCEPT RETURNS*?

Absolutely not.  Why take the risk?

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

No. I generally don't even buy from sellers I have to ask questions of. IMHO if a seller doesn't cover all potential questions (excepting weird situations) then they're not doing their job.

If I really want it and have a question I will ask it but only buy if I get the right answer.

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

Thank you for your reply, and as my luck would have it this seller is the only one with the type of run I need. I may have pass over eBay, and buy from Amazon Prime.

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

I agree, but as a seller ,myself, why bother selling if you do not want to reply to potential buyers questions. At least offer free returns.. Seller has 25,000+ feedback. This is not the first time on eBay I have encountered a seller that refused questions, but they accepted returns.

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

Absolutely yes.

I don't buy things with the intention of returning them. But not responding to my questions - I'd shop elsewhere, as that is a different situation.

But, I know as a buyer, the MBG protects my purchases. If item is not right, the MBG over-rides any so called no-return policy. And in cases where I just don't want it after I get it - I accept my own responsibility.  I can pay for the postage to return it - just like I would for something at Fingerhut, or Macy's for example; or I can resell it and make a dollar or two off of it; or with the holidays fast approaching - just gift it; or contact a local charity to donate it as a tax write-off. 

There are so many correct options - taking the high road as it were - rather than to stress out over the wrong "low road".  Just own the situation... it's easier.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 6 of 35
latest reply

If you need to return Amazon takes returns at Kohl's now for free. If it's not right you don't have to file SNAD and get virtually screamed at by the seller who "doesn't take returns".

I buy a lot here but wouldn't buy the item you're talking about from that seller.

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

I'd worry more about the inability/unwillingness to answer questions.

But buyers should know that No Returns does NOT mean No Refunds.

The strictest interpretation is that the seller will (be forced by eBay to) refund without getting the disputed item back.

But that's still a pain, and what do you do with the unwanted item?

Move on.

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

No one I know buys with the intention to return.

My real point was the refusal to respond to questions combined with an almost pompous attitude of not allowing a return. Why would anyone want to risk buying from such a seller?

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

Did you check to see where the seller is located..... maybe in the path of Dorian.  Maybe they have a store and it was on vacation for Labor Day.  I think you are quick to jump to conclusions.  

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

The seller location California

A very recent negative not the remark: The item sold a bad comforter and refused to return or exchange the item. Maybe this buyer should have filed NAD, but if they had been able to inquire about the item all might have been saved.

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

Few, if any, of the mega-sellers answer questions. I've not run into any of the huge booksellers that answer questions. Can't imagine how big a staff would be necessary just to respond to potential buyers' questions. They'd probably need to add a couple of full-time staff positions just for that duty.

There are many, many sellers--large and small--who don't accept returns. They're everywhere. I run into them all the time. I'm not sure why that would be considered "pompous," and I'm not sure why purchasing from them would be any more of a "risk" than buying from anyone else.

Whether you buy from this particular seller is your decision. No one can decide that for you.
Message 12 of 35
latest reply

No! If You are unable to get the product info that you need then you are taking a risk. Sellers are rated on their communication when a buyer give feedback.  If it were not important then it would not be included in the rating system!

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

-------------
Posting ID
Message 14 of 35
latest reply

No I did not checkout the seller, just went off the info that they have no returns and are blocking questions

Message 15 of 35
latest reply