cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS IT SCAM? BRAZIL BUYER

A buyer from brazil is trying to buy my product that i am selling. (Buyer said this after i specified that i only ship within the United States (I have put shipping only available in the US in my description) ->and says that he/she will buy from a site that will receive their product that they bought within in the USA and the site itself will send it to that person living in Brazil. Is there a legit website like that for people who live in Brazil or international? Or is this a typical scam?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

IS IT SCAM? BRAZIL BUYER

Hi, lots of overseas buyers use freight forwarders so no need to worry, this is unlikely to be a scam.

Stating in your description that you ship to the US only is a good start, but will not stop foreign shoppers. There are other settings that need to be enabled to prevent international customers from buying your items. Right now on your listings it states that you ship to "many countries". To change that to "US only", follow the instructions below.

To ship only to the US, it's important to set up your Buyer Requirements to enforce your choice. Doing so will block buyers whose primary shipping address is in a location you don't ship to. Below is a link on how to do this and more (including a block for buyers who have Unpaid Item strikes, which helps sellers avoid bidders and buyers with a history of not paying for the items they have agreed to purchase).

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/setting-buyer-requirements?id=...

In addition to Buyer Requirements, setting up your Shipping Exclusions further enables your choice to ship domestically only. Here is a link on how to set it up: 

https://support.webinterpret.com/hc/en-us/articles/205644957-How-to-set-shipping-exclusions-on-eBay

Last but not least, there are two blocks you can set in your PayPal to stop unwanted purchases from foreign buyers. Think carefully before setting those up because it may block those buyers who use freight forwarders as a US address, like your Brazilian buyer. The PP settings are 1) Block payments from payers with non-US PayPal accounts, and 2) Block payments in currencies you do not hold. Below is a link on how to accomplish this in your PayPal account. (After clicking on the link, scroll down the page to "Block Certain Kinds of Payments".)

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/admin/setup-account/#add-your-credit-card-statement-name

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

IS IT SCAM? BRAZIL BUYER

Are they talking about a freight-forwarding address? 

-------------
Posting ID
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

IS IT SCAM? BRAZIL BUYER

Yes, there is.  I use one of those sites for making purchases from Japanese websites and auction sellers.

Likewise, I have shipped to a Brazilian buyer who used one such reshipper.  They were happy with their purchase and left me positive feedback.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

IS IT SCAM? BRAZIL BUYER

If you don't want to deal with them block non US payments in Paypal

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

IS IT SCAM? BRAZIL BUYER

i asked what the company is and that person said Weget2u
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

IS IT SCAM? BRAZIL BUYER

was the company name Weget2u?
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

IS IT SCAM? BRAZIL BUYER

I don't know what the name of the company was.  They bought the item with their own account and had it shipped to the reshippper's address in Florida.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

IS IT SCAM? BRAZIL BUYER

@daebaksconvenience wrote:
i asked what the company is and that person said Weget2u

Looks like a buying service, I don't know how it works exactly other than they cater to people who want items from the USA but the stores don't ship internationally... or it's too expensive.

If the buyer has that address on file as the ship-to address in paypal, then it's a USA address and you would be covered with tracking showing delivery.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

IS IT SCAM? BRAZIL BUYER

@yuzuha wrote:

I don't know what the name of the company was.  They bought the item with their own account and had it shipped to the reshippper's address in Florida.

I have sold a few pipes to people in China.  The addresses were in California, Florida, and Colorado (I think Colorado.  It was somewhere near the Plains States).  The first couple I googled the address, and WOW!!!  The one in California was a HUGE warehouse, and they had a picture of the inside and it looked like something that you would see on some TV show about hoarders.  Boxes were piled up to the ceiling, and were everywhere.  No telling how many packages were lost in that mountain of boxes.  But they got their pipes, I guess.....

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

IS IT SCAM? BRAZIL BUYER

Hi, lots of overseas buyers use freight forwarders so no need to worry, this is unlikely to be a scam.

Stating in your description that you ship to the US only is a good start, but will not stop foreign shoppers. There are other settings that need to be enabled to prevent international customers from buying your items. Right now on your listings it states that you ship to "many countries". To change that to "US only", follow the instructions below.

To ship only to the US, it's important to set up your Buyer Requirements to enforce your choice. Doing so will block buyers whose primary shipping address is in a location you don't ship to. Below is a link on how to do this and more (including a block for buyers who have Unpaid Item strikes, which helps sellers avoid bidders and buyers with a history of not paying for the items they have agreed to purchase).

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/setting-buyer-requirements?id=...

In addition to Buyer Requirements, setting up your Shipping Exclusions further enables your choice to ship domestically only. Here is a link on how to set it up: 

https://support.webinterpret.com/hc/en-us/articles/205644957-How-to-set-shipping-exclusions-on-eBay

Last but not least, there are two blocks you can set in your PayPal to stop unwanted purchases from foreign buyers. Think carefully before setting those up because it may block those buyers who use freight forwarders as a US address, like your Brazilian buyer. The PP settings are 1) Block payments from payers with non-US PayPal accounts, and 2) Block payments in currencies you do not hold. Below is a link on how to accomplish this in your PayPal account. (After clicking on the link, scroll down the page to "Block Certain Kinds of Payments".)

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/admin/setup-account/#add-your-credit-card-statement-name

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

IS IT SCAM? BRAZIL BUYER

@papermoneyforme wrote:

If you don't want to deal with them block non US payments in Paypal

that brings up a question I hadn't thought of …  

I also only ship contiguous 48 states … is managed payments going to allow the same sort of 'non-us payments as paypal does?  does anyone know?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

IS IT SCAM? BRAZIL BUYER

Thank you very much. Helped me a lot with future listings as well!
Message 12 of 12
latest reply