cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPR Auto-Selected

I specifically don't have IPR checked on a lot of my items because I want buyers to be able to use the shopping cart and request combined shipping.

I started noticing yesterday that when I sell similar IPR is auto-selected even though it was not selected when the original listings went live. My first thought would be user error, except that I double-check before publishing listings, especially if it's a MQ listing. It's not just a couple of listings, it's almost all of them.

So I started checking live listings and found IPR selected even though it wasn't checked when the listing went live.

This is frustrating having to revise so many listings to uncheck IPR so that buyers are still able to use the cart. So far the uncheck seems to be sticking, but I'd rather not be spending time dealing with this and instead focusing on new listings.

Is anybody else experiencing this?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

IPR Auto-Selected

Supposedly the way "around" IPR is to add items to the cart.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

IPR Auto-Selected

Yep, that's exactly why I don't select IPR on many items, so that buyers can use the cart. If IPR is selected then they can't request a combined shipping total in the cart which is why this problem is so frustrating.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

IPR Auto-Selected

as the PP said, I don't believe that having the IPR set on a listing prevents it from being added to cart.  If the buyer sleects Buy it Now then they have to pay immediately, they can't buy more items and pay for them all at once, they have to use Add to Cart instead of Buy it Now.  This was a change by eBay for quite a few categories.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

IPR Auto-Selected

Thanks dtexley, but I think you're missing the point.

If IPR is selected, a buyer can still add items to the cart and pay all at once, but in order to purchase the items they are required to pay immediately and they cannot request a combined shipping invoice.

If IPR is NOT selected, a buyer can add items to the cart and click the button that says "request total from seller" so the seller can send an invoice reflecting combined shipping.

@labs118 Labs, were you the poster who had a screenshot of the greyed out request total button because IPR is selected or was that someone else? A visual might help demonstrate what I'm trying to convey here. 🙂

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

IPR Auto-Selected

Having IPR does not prevent an item from being added to the cart, but, if the seller doesn't have Combined Shipping rules set, then buyers are being told that they can't request an invoice becuase the seller doesn't combine shipping.

eBay has been gradually adding IPR to listings under $1K for several years, to reduce the incidence of unpaid items. It isn't always there, but I don't know anyway to predict if it will be or not. They would prefer that sellers set up the combined shipping rules, so that buyers can pay without delays I suppose, rather than having to wait for an invoice from the seller.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

IPR Auto-Selected

Thanks lacemaker. I don't use combined shipping rules because my items are so varied on the account I'm referencing. That's why I encourage buyers to use the cart for combined shipping. They can't do that if eBay is auto-selecting the IPR box on my listings.

If IPR is not checked the buyer will still be required to pay immediately if using the BIN button, but if they add items to the cart they can request a combined shipping invoice.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

IPR Auto-Selected

@copper.boom wrote:

Thanks dtexley, but I think you're missing the point.

If IPR is selected, a buyer can still add items to the cart and pay all at once, but in order to purchase the items they are required to pay immediately and they cannot request a combined shipping invoice.

If IPR is NOT selected, a buyer can add items to the cart and click the button that says "request total from seller" so the seller can send an invoice reflecting combined shipping.

@labs118 Labs, were you the poster who had a screenshot of the greyed out request total button because IPR is selected or was that someone else? A visual might help demonstrate what I'm trying to convey here. 🙂

@copper.boom

Hi
Yes it was me & funny it was you I added items to cart from to do my screen shot, So both of your items have IPR listed under payment & no I can't request a total

cart request total IPR.JPG

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

IPR Auto-Selected

Oh my gosh! I see that now. I still have some updating to do - I didn't quite get to every item today on the other account where I found the issue and I hadn't even checked this account yet! This is gonna be fun! I need to see if I can fix this in the bulk editor.

Thanks so much @labs118heart

ETA: Good news, I can change it with the bulk editor. Now I just have to stay on top of it to make sure eBay doesn't change it on me again.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

IPR Auto-Selected

@copper.boom
Yep in my post to Trinton I said I added items to cart from a poster on these boards !
Didn't say who but since you looped me I figured I would tell on myself that it was your listings grin

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

IPR Auto-Selected

LOL, well it certainly demonstrated the point I was trying to make.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

IPR Auto-Selected

There was a thread about it on the 19th.

"Unwanted "immediate payment required" "

Where Trinton said:

"Hey everyone, I wanted to hop in and confirm that Immediate Payment is required for items under $1000. There are a variety of reasons we have moved in this direction, mostly related to reducing Unpaid Item cases and minimizing abuse on the site. Overall, this change should increase traffic and sales for our sellers. .... "

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

IPR Auto-Selected

It isn't working for me. I revise the listing to take out IPR (which I NEVER CHECKED as I sell lots of small items & EXPECT people to buy more than 1 item at a time.) Then I go look at it again an hour, a day later..... it's back to IPR checked! I haven't noticed it much until now as many of my items DO tell buyers to hit the PUT IN CART button NOT the BUY IN NOW button so they can combine...
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

IPR Auto-Selected

@gypsyjanluise wrote:
It isn't working for me. I revise the listing to take out IPR (which I NEVER CHECKED as I sell lots of small items & EXPECT people to buy more than 1 item at a time.) Then I go look at it again an hour, a day later..... it's back to IPR checked! I haven't noticed it much until now as many of my items DO tell buyers to hit the PUT IN CART button NOT the BUY IN NOW button so they can combine...

Ebay is forcing IPR on all items under $1000. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 14 of 14
latest reply