cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INAD Return - How Long is Too Long?

Just received a message from a buyer using the contact link in one of my listings. They are claiming the item they received 125 days ago is defective and not only want to return for a full refund, but also want me to pay for the service to install it.  Due to length of time that has past, there is no active link to return or even generate a refund. I wrote back stating that although I understand, I don't feel obligated to accept the return because of the length of time (well past my 30-day policy), nor do I know what has happened to it in their possession.  What would you do?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: INAD Return - How Long is Too Long?

eBay offers 30 after item receipt, so buyer is out of eBay. However, they can turn to their payment method, which offers 180 days. Not much you can do, but be prepared to accept the loss. 

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Exactly what you did and then i would not communicate with them. I also would make a spot for them on my BBL. Good luck

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

🤔...wondering why we even have a return policy?

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

I would explain to them they they are past the ebay 30 day return policy ... the block them.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 5 of 24
latest reply

@allthings-collectible wrote:

They are claiming the item they received 125 days ago is defective and not only want to return for a full refund, but also want me to pay for the service to install it. 

I think you lost me there. They want to return it and also pay for "the service to install it"? What does that mean? Can you tell us what the item is?

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

@allthings-collectible wrote:

Just received a message from a buyer using the contact link in one of my listings. They are claiming the item they received 125 days ago is defective and not only want to return for a full refund, but also want me to pay for the service to install it.  Due to length of time that has past, there is no active link to return or even generate a refund. I wrote back stating that although I understand, I don't feel obligated to accept the return because of the length of time (well past my 30-day policy), nor do I know what has happened to it in their possession.  What would you do?

So after 4+ months they either want a full refund on return OR you pay to have it installed? No, I don't think so. 

I wonder if they're sending a similar note to almost everyone they've purchased from in the hopes of getting some extra holiday cash.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Yes, its a new faucet.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

I had a buyer open a claim after 6 months and one after 3 months....I just ignore them. And eBay closes them.

These were actual open claims against me...not the "contact" link.

Sounds like another buyer to block to add to your list.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

I would be tempted to send them one of the many YouTube videos on installing a faucet (takes maybe an hour, hour and a half).

But don't do that! lol.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 24
latest reply

If it's not too much trouble could you quote exactly what they said?  I'm just curious as all get out how someone could assert that an item is "defective" but they would like to have it installed.  🤣

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

I'm going to assume they HAD it installed (and that's what they want the OP to pay for) and found it to be defective.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 12 of 24
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

I'm going to assume they HAD it installed (and that's what they want the OP to pay for) and found it to be defective.

That would make sense...which would mean that they had 4 months to use it and then complain that it didn't work.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Here was the buyer's message...

"Had a plumber install this faucet yesterday only to find it to be defective. There is a leak at the end of the spout assembly between the spout and the aerator housing. The aerator housing is damaged and there is no aerator. I want a replacement faucet. I also want my money back to pay the plumber to R&R the replacement faucet."

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

What would I do? Put them on my Blocked Buyers List.  What wouldn't I do?  Tell them, "I understand."

Message 15 of 24
latest reply