cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ILLEGAL SWITCHBLADES,BUTTERFLY KNIVES BEING SOLD !! SERIOUS EBAY RULES INFRACTION

Why isn't anyone on EBAY going into the KNIFE area and TAKING these ILLEGAL WEAPONS OFF the SITE ??? Just because they are not LISTED as such knives doesn't MEAN THEY ARE NOT !! If EBAY doesn't know what these PIECES are ( ASK ME , I KNOW ) !!! You ( EBAY ) like to PREACH YOUR RULES but DON'T FOLLOW them YOURSELF !! This is a SERIOUS EBAY RULES INFRACTION and BY NOT DOING ANYTHING is PROMOTING THE SELLING of ILLEGAL WEAPONS !! .

I reported these knives over 50x and YOU DO NOTHING !! And MORE and MORE are BEING LISTED because OF THAT !! And NOT a SINGLE PERSON is GOING to TELL ME WHAT IS and WHAT ISN'T ILLEGAL !! 😎😎😎 

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: ILLEGAL SWITCHBLADES,BUTTERFLY KNIVES BEING SOLD !! SERIOUS EBAY RULES INFRACTION

As long as narwhal tusks are allowed.....

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50870309

But it appears they are not-- unless you are Inuit.

https://www.fws.gov/news/ShowNews.cfm?ref=brinnon-resident-sentenced-to-prison-for-trafficking-prote...

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

Re: ILLEGAL SWITCHBLADES,BUTTERFLY KNIVES BEING SOLD !! SERIOUS EBAY RULES INFRACTION

I want to tell on somebody.
Like Judy telling on the Beaver.
"Miss Lander, Beaver is not paying attention!"
Some people never outgrow it.
hehe
Message 32 of 34
latest reply

It's my observation that eBay may note a Report from a single member, that's all they will do because the member may be a competitor, or a vigilante or just plain wrong.

They do act when there are a lot of members Reporting a listing.  Which still might not mean taking it down, if all those members are wrong.

And they certainly act, if a brand owner, especially those who are part of the VeRO program complain.

Based mostly on complaints from sellers who have had items removed, short restrictions on selling accounts, and closed selling accounts.

Message 33 of 34
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.
Message 34 of 34
latest reply