cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was charged for eBay shipping labels twice per 4 items

Has this happen to anybody else? I paid for 4 eBay shipping labels on 04/17. Paid through PayPal like usually, but PayPal also charged my checking account for the same amount for the 4 labes. I had not authorized them to use my bank account and had plenty of balance on PayPal and a credit card on file. Now they are "investigating" and I have to wait at least a week to get a resolution. What is going on?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: I was charged for eBay shipping labels twice per 4 items

• It sounds like your default payment source for buying shipping label s got changed? 
  • Have you recently made any changes like this? 
  • Are you in eBay managed payments?

You can check to see what you have as a default by going to paypal and then click on tools, then recurring payments then look for preapproved payments and find the eBay shipping labels profile and review what you have setup.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I have not changed anything. And if I had, they should have not billed me twice.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@finnpwr wrote:

I have not changed anything. And if I had, they should have not billed me twice.

Are you sure you were billed twice? If you were the transactions would appear twice on your PayPal history.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I know this is an old thread, but this is happening to me.  What am I missing?  My Paypal and bank account are separate accounts, but when I ship something through ebay, the shipping label is charged to both accounts?

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Your default payment source has changed to your bank account, so you see the eBay charge from eBay to Paypal for the shipping cost and the Paypal charge to your bank for the fees as two separate transactions. 

Change your default payment source to your paypal balance and you'll only see the bank transaction if your paypal account doesn't cover the shipping.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

Your default payment source has changed to your bank account, so you see the eBay charge from eBay to Paypal for the shipping cost and the Paypal charge to your bank for the fees as two separate transactions. 

Change your default payment source to your paypal balance and you'll only see the bank transaction if your paypal account doesn't cover the shipping.

Thanks!  I was wondering about that.  One frustration is that Paypal doesn't show the account balance with each activity, like my bank account does.  Also, for the life of me I can't find where I can change the payment for shipping, to take it out of my Paypal balance instead of my bank account. Any help with that?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Capture.PNG

First check on eBay and make sure that it wasn't a change in your config here.  This is a snip from the new label page showing where the box is that allows you to pick.  With a USPS shipment payment options will show.

In Paypal go to the settings page, click on payments and scroll down to Your Preferred Way to Pay and check the settings.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

From Paypal the only option I see is to pay from my bank account, nothing about using my Paypal balance.

paypalCapture.PNG

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I think I read that the only way to pay with your balance is if you have a Paypal Cash Card, a debit card?  Is that true?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Hi,
I recently sold items after not selling for a few months. I was also charged by paypal and also by my credit card . This happened in 4 seperate sales, I cant figure out why and I dont see where to change it!
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I have the exact same problem!!!!!
Message 12 of 12
latest reply