cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to start selling internationally. ..

Just like the title says. I have been selling 4-5 years no problems domestic and am feeling ready to take it to another level. I am just not sure the best way to do it nowadays. I know there is GSP or you can just do it yourself. In your own personal experience which is better and why? Any pointers will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance 🙂

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@thatisrathernice wrote:

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated. 

Just remember to factor in the increased cost of shipping when assessing your risk. 

Selling an $8 item weighing 9 ounces with $4 domestic shipping means you are risking $4 (and your item) to make $8. If the sale goes bad, you can make up that $4 with the very next sale. 

But if you ship that item internationally, you are now risking $24 to make $8, and if the sale goes bad you will need to make 3 more successful sales just to break even

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I've always shipped worldwide, I ship directly and I do so because I make more money and buyers save more money. It's also usually faster than using GSP.

One tip: If you use eBay shipping labels the customs form will default to the Item Title. The Item Title is rarely appropriate, edit it to be more informative to any customs person who would be looking.

For example:

Mens Cuff Links Green Marble Square Gold Tone Jagged Edge Vintage = Fashion Accessory

WELLGO Clipless Bike Pedals MG-8 Magnesium Pair = Bicycle Part

Message 3 of 3
latest reply