cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I figured something important out concerning Promoted Listings...

If I promote my listing, I do it because I really want it to be seen.....

I have fairly high price points so my commission to eBay will always be a higher price and with the promotion price listing, it will be a much much higher cost still.  

But I want my listing to stand out...  (following me so far?)

If I just add BOLD for $6.00 not the cost of $50., $100., $200.+ Of a promotion,  It will stand out and I save money 💵 💰 being seen using an old friend BOLD not used by me in way more than a decade.

Thats what I figured out!  Opinion?

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

@parkersparrow wrote:

@nuclearomen wrote:

@parkersparrow wrote:

@nuclearomen @mr_lincoln I just noticed the credit for the promoted listings while looking at my seller hub. It showed credits from the month of July & August when i checked my invoice. I just really started using them on all my listings in July. Attaching a screenshot. 

nice... yet i don't get any except insertion fee credits .. cause I never got the promotional listing offer and when I called ebay and mentioned it to CD they told me nothing they can do and it would be up to ebay marketing to decide what offers I get and don't... I said thanks, ebay send me offers they know I'll never use like 100 free insertions on auction style listings yet if they looked my account I only ever listed like 3 auctions...I list buy it now,  or save $50 on items that sell for $500 or more... but if they looked at my store they would know I have never listed and sold items for that much... but conveniently they don't send me offers I would use.

I don't think it's an offer like you get in your ebay messages. I think you have to qualify by having a certain type of store level or top rated seller status. I remember it being mentioned in a seller update. I'm sure someone else know what the rules are. The customer service rep probably didn't even know what you were talking about and was just reading from their script.

i am top rated seller, I did only have starter store up til this week I upped to next tier of basic actually.  

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 46 of 52
latest reply

@nuclearomen  I found the answer: 

Each quarter, Enterprise and Anchor Store subscribers receive a $25 credit and Top Rated Sellers receive a $30 credit. Top Rated Sellers who are also Enterprise or Anchor Store subscribers receive a combined quarterly credit of $55.

To be eligible for the credits, you must:

Be an Enterprise or Anchor Store subscriber or have Top Rated status to qualify for Promoted Listings credits (Top Rated Sellers are eligible to receive the credit as long as they maintain the status for at least one month during that quarter).
Have a valid eBay registration address in the US. Sellers using My eBay can verify their registration address at My eBay > My Account > Addresses > Registration address.
Launch a Promoted Listings campaign and sell item(s) through the Promoted Listings service.
Pay your monthly invoice after eBay bills you for items sold.
After that, eBay will issue your quarterly credit up to the amount used on your next monthly invoice and note any remaining Promoted Listings credit balance. Credits will appear in the "Miscellaneous Credits" section of your invoice. The description will tell you which month and quarter the credit is for.

Example: If you are a Top Rated Seller and spend $15 on Promoted Listings in April, you will be charged $15 on your May invoice and receive up to a $15 credit on your June invoice (example based on a $30 quarterly Promoted Listings credit for Top Rated Sellers).

Note: Promotions and credits are subject to change.

Message 47 of 52
latest reply

@parkersparrow wrote:

@nuclearomen  I found the answer: 

Each quarter, Enterprise and Anchor Store subscribers receive a $25 credit and Top Rated Sellers receive a $30 credit. Top Rated Sellers who are also Enterprise or Anchor Store subscribers receive a combined quarterly credit of $55.

To be eligible for the credits, you must:

Be an Enterprise or Anchor Store subscriber or have Top Rated status to qualify for Promoted Listings credits (Top Rated Sellers are eligible to receive the credit as long as they maintain the status for at least one month during that quarter).
Have a valid eBay registration address in the US. Sellers using My eBay can verify their registration address at My eBay > My Account > Addresses > Registration address.
Launch a Promoted Listings campaign and sell item(s) through the Promoted Listings service.
Pay your monthly invoice after eBay bills you for items sold.
After that, eBay will issue your quarterly credit up to the amount used on your next monthly invoice and note any remaining Promoted Listings credit balance. Credits will appear in the "Miscellaneous Credits" section of your invoice. The description will tell you which month and quarter the credit is for.

Example: If you are a Top Rated Seller and spend $15 on Promoted Listings in April, you will be charged $15 on your May invoice and receive up to a $15 credit on your June invoice (example based on a $30 quarterly Promoted Listings credit for Top Rated Sellers).

Note: Promotions and credits are subject to change.

well I have all that but the store tier I have as said is basic (was starter) but I should still get a credit later sometime as I qualify according to your post.

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 48 of 52
latest reply

You are so right.  Promoted listings only promise you higher in search.  Best Mach but what lots do not realize. Many other factors are included for Best  Match.  Like the listings that are making the sales is your competition.  $ 6 seems like a lot to me just to get larger letters and or photo's. But I hope you all the best in the world on the 2 listings.  I always thought e bay should give all as large as they could to everyone free.  Like Gallery Plus and Bold Letters.  It would help the site like crazy.  If e bay would use the features they have but not try and monopolize profit. They one day may realize to just throw a lots of free offers. Or just use the potential of a struggling site. Last year in Pecans in the shell. When I started to list it was close to 80 or more listings.  This year it was 18. Same I have saw big drops in many items. I hope you the best. You are so right it should be like flashing light crazy. Hope you make lots sales. 

Message 49 of 52
latest reply

I wonder what happens if you are TRS and use that $30 credit but then the next month you lose TRS?

It's my understanding the promoted ad rate is in effect for 30 days.
Message 50 of 52
latest reply

As I’m now currently eating a big humble pie 🥧 I declare everyone right & me wrong.

Bold at $6.00 a pop did nothing for the 3 listings I tried it on & never again.

Bye bye my $18.00.

I ended those listings and manually deleted, unchecked the Bold listing upgrade as I relisted them.

This time I promoted those 3 listings...

Message 51 of 52
latest reply

@jewelbiz wrote:

As I’m now currently eating a big humble pie 🥧 I declare everyone right & me wrong.

Bold at $6.00 a pop did nothing for the 3 listings I tried it on & never again.

Bye bye my $18.00.

I ended those listings and manually deleted, unchecked the Bold listing upgrade as I relisted them.

This time I promoted those 3 listings...

No experiment is ever a failure - it always yields data (quote from my dad who actually WAS a rocket scientist lol)

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 52 of 52
latest reply