cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I sent the wrong cell phone to buyer through global Shipping program

OOPS!  Me bad.  I sent the customer (through the global shipping program to Japan) the wrong cell phone.  I wrote the customer that it was wrong.

Okay, what are my options?  Can I intercept the shipment?  And have it returned?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Okay, I've settled down. I'll wait for the customer to reply - he's over in Japan. If he want to keep the phone, no problem.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If the item isn't already in KY.......I'd try to do an intercept......it will cost $$$, but certainly less than shipping one back and forth.........

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@liawrig.nq8rdwqa3 wrote:

OOPS!  Me bad.  I sent the customer (through the global shipping program to Japan) the wrong cell phone.  I wrote the customer that it was wrong.

Okay, what are my options?  Can I intercept the shipment?  And have it returned?

There is the right thing to do, and then there is ebay.

One inherent problem with the GSP is the buyer assumes all risk.

So if a seller does nothing in a case of GSP SNAD it will time out without ill effect on the seller, as in no return and no refund. Ebay may eventually issue a courtesy refund to the buyer but it is unclear whether they will do so.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

One inherent problem with the GSP is the buyer assumes all risk.

---------------------------------------------------------

Incorrect.

You need to brush up on GSP.

Do you think buyers would want their items shipped by GSP if they had no buyer protection?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Buyer replied.  He wants Cell phone #2.  I sent him a prepaid postage to return Cell phone#1 back.  But if he shipped through GSP, I assume the package will go straight to him in Japan; right?  and if there is an intercept it has to be on the buyer's part; right?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

The seller can do an intercept........BEFORE it reaches KY, which is what people were trying to tell you.......  I doubt you can do one now.....but you could try.......go to the USPS site with the tracking # FROM KY to Japan..........

Message 7 of 7
latest reply