cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I sell banknotes and coins out of circulation ebay remove my listing

My ebay remove my listing, old banknotes and coins out of circulation, after ready ebay policy is allowed me to sell coins out of circulation.

My question is;

How many listing value need to prove with grading company?

And second i see people sell old banknotes and coins on ebay same like me why not remove this listing like me?

Thanks i need to know that 2 question.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: I sell banknotes and coins out of circulation ebay remove my listing

If Ebay has removed it, don't relist it as you can lose your selling privileges.

Just because others have listed the same, that does not mean it is Ebay legal.  Those listings just were not pulled as yet.

Sorry this happened to you.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Hello and welcome. Very sorry for your troubles. 

I just wanted to warn you that you could be perilously close to losing your selling privileges. This is not your first takedown by eBay. I saw that your listings were removed before when you listed currency for sale. Multiple violations on your record can cause someone to lose their ability to sell here permanently. So you must be very very cautious about listing items.

As for this takedown, i don’t believe the absense of grading is the main concern but that eBay believes your currency is not collectible, therefore it is not allowed. I do see other listings for the same thing that got you in trouble—i can’t say why their listings are allowed to stand. 

What i do know is that your items got removed and it is not the first time. You are on eBay’s radar and cannot afford another violation. Whatever you do, don’t risk your account by listing this currency again. 

Very sorry you are in this situation and wish you the best moving forward. Good luck to you.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

castlemagicmemories;;;; study this following policy;;;;
Coin and paper currency listings can only mention a grade in the title or listing when that grade has been given by an approved grading company
Coin and paper currency listings over a certain value must be graded by an approved grading company
See this guidelines;
Raw paper currency::::
Raw paper currency are items that haven't been graded by a currency grading company, or has been graded, but not by an approved grading company.

Listings for raw paper currency must follow these guidelines:

A numeric grade (such as 67, Choice Uncirculated 64, Extremely Fine 40, VF30) isn't included in the title, description, or item specifics of the listing
No estimate of value (even if personal opinion) or reference to a price guide is included in the title or description
The listing includes photos of the front and back of the currency being sold and you are authorized to use the photos. Stock photos and images that are dark, out of focus, edited, or misleading aren't allowed
Photos or scans of paper currency in holders from a non-approved grading company cannot show a grade or any text describing the grade or quality of the paper currency. The grade and wording describing the grade or quality of the item must be completely obscured and unreadable
The starting, reserve, or Buy It Now price for the paper currency is less than $2,500
I thinks this is good answer,,,, ebay policy want (try to answer people for true reason if you use community and answer thing you known but not you gase)
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

castlemagicmemories;;;; study this following policy;;;;
Coin and paper currency listings can only mention a grade in the title or listing when that grade has been given by an approved grading company
Coin and paper currency listings over a certain value must be graded by an approved grading company
See this guidelines;
Raw paper currency::::
Raw paper currency are items that haven't been graded by a currency grading company, or has been graded, but not by an approved grading company.

Listings for raw paper currency must follow these guidelines:

A numeric grade (such as 67, Choice Uncirculated 64, Extremely Fine 40, VF30) isn't included in the title, description, or item specifics of the listing
No estimate of value (even if personal opinion) or reference to a price guide is included in the title or description
The listing includes photos of the front and back of the currency being sold and you are authorized to use the photos. Stock photos and images that are dark, out of focus, edited, or misleading aren't allowed
Photos or scans of paper currency in holders from a non-approved grading company cannot show a grade or any text describing the grade or quality of the paper currency. The grade and wording describing the grade or quality of the item must be completely obscured and unreadable
The starting, reserve, or Buy It Now price for the paper currency is less than $2,500

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Hi again. I did a little reading on Zimbabwe trillion notes and found they have been discontined back in 2009. And that they are hot collectibles. The message you got from eBay explaining the takedown says that you were selling current banknotes against eBay policies.

Well, they appear to be incorrect. You need to get in touch with them at the email address in the message and send them proof that the items you listed are collectibles. You still must be very careful. Don’t relist your currency until eBay gives you something in writing that you are free to relist. 

I don’t understand your response about the grading. Can you be more specific?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Hi

Thanks very much for advice, already contact with ebay about this problem, sure now is waiting listing team to review, sure i see, mistake to my listing to describe condition of banknotes in the title and description without not approved with grading company that is against, ebay policy and other listing i sell high value more $2500 without not approved grading company, i think that is cost me to remove my listing. Before i dont understand that policy but now after read in deep, I known what to do, but i take your advice, i dont list until ebay give me proof to list.

Thanks

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

You stated you listed currency that was out of circulation, but that's not what the statement from ebay says. It clearly states you posted "Current-Issue Currency." Likewise, there is no such thing as a Zimbabwe note that's worth $10 billion dollars. You listed your currency as if it were the equivalent of U.S currency, which it is not. Zimbabwe currency is worthless.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@gamersbaystore wrote:

You stated you listed currency that was out of circulation, but that's not what the statement from ebay says. It clearly states you posted "Current-Issue Currency." Likewise, there is no such thing as a Zimbabwe note that's worth $10 billion dollars. You listed your currency as if it were the equivalent of U.S currency, which it is not. Zimbabwe currency is worthless.

https://amp.theguardian.com/money/2016/may/14/zimbabwe-trillion-dollar-note-hyerinflation-investment

Message 9 of 9
latest reply