cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm tired, far too many item specifics, and then this happened....

It takes forever to make a listing now. Some because of too many item specifics and some just unfamiliarity with them and knowing what to ignore, what will the buyer think they mean, etc. 

But misery continues, when I wanted to just change the price of an item.... OOPS Metal is an item specific not the price!!

Nightmare!!!

oops.JPG

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

When there's an error in item specifics, the system will prevent quick updates of price and quantity from the hub active listings page.

In this case, you listed a jewelry lot with mixed metals. eBay changed that item specific in the category Jewelry & Watches>Vintage & Antique Jewelry>Collections & Lots so you can only select one metal. Since your listing still has a selection of multiple metals, you will be required to delete the extra metal IS selections to comply with the current programming.

You can leave the primary metal in the metal IS field and add a custom IS, something like "Additional Metals" and list out the others there.

If you believe sellers should have the option of checking multiple boxes instead of selecting only one metal from the drop down then you can e-mail the category and item specific change request to sdsupport@ebay.com - I've found them to be helpful with things like this. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

When there's an error in item specifics, the system will prevent quick updates of price and quantity from the hub active listings page.

In this case, you listed a jewelry lot with mixed metals. eBay changed that item specific in the category Jewelry & Watches>Vintage & Antique Jewelry>Collections & Lots so you can only select one metal. Since your listing still has a selection of multiple metals, you will be required to delete the extra metal IS selections to comply with the current programming.

You can leave the primary metal in the metal IS field and add a custom IS, something like "Additional Metals" and list out the others there.

If you believe sellers should have the option of checking multiple boxes instead of selecting only one metal from the drop down then you can e-mail the category and item specific change request to sdsupport@ebay.com - I've found them to be helpful with things like this. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Its horrible what they did to the jewelry. Dumbest move yet. Filled with totally irrelevant item specifics. We literally watched our sales crash over the past 2 weeks and it will probably only get worse. For the first time ever our other selling platforms out sold ebay and we only have half the amount listed on them. Ebay needs to reconsider these idiotic changes before they destroy things. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@iamonourside 

>It takes forever to make a listing now. 

I haven't used an eBay listing page of any kind in years. When re-listing an item I always use "List similar". Re-listed item doesn't get buried in search with the old item number as it always gets a new one. The same when creating a new listing. I select a current or closed listing and use "List similar", editing the listing as necessary for the new item. Saves a lot of "clickity-click", grief and time.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@bimm_corp wrote:

@iamonourside 

>It takes forever to make a listing now. 

I haven't used an eBay listing page of any kind in years. When re-listing an item I always use "List similar". Re-listed item doesn't get buried in search with the old item number as it always gets a new one. The same when creating a new listing. I select a current or closed listing and use "List similar", editing the listing as necessary for the new item. Saves a lot of "clickity-click", grief and time.

I'm not sure I understand.  I use sell similar sometimes too, but it takes me to an ebay listing form which is the same one had I not used similar, other than some things are already filled out.  It usually takes me longer since I have to make sure any pre-filled information applies to my item.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@fern*wood 

>I'm not sure I understand.

Here is an example, one of my comic book lots,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284488313737

Most of these lots have 22 item specifics. When I list a new lot, I just have to change the IS that pertain to the new lot. Most of the time it's just a matter of item main character, single title or mixed lot, etc. All the rest of the IS remain the same. When re-listing, everything stays the same. Works for me. HTH.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I get that.  I think it just stumped me why you would say you haven't used an ebay listing page in years since that is an ebay listing page.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Sales are still far below and very inconsistent since changes back in October 2021. Funny thing is I have a store with 3500 listings out producing a store with 13500+ listings. Same items, same software, same camera, same look. Both stores are top rated too. MAKES ZERO SENSE and makes one wonder how placement and searches work.  

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply