cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m defense of views and more

I’m seeing a lot of “You don’t need to see your views...” if I were out here sourcing 100% amazing same-day sale items everyday, sure. I’m not. I’m rooting around in stores that charge you for trash looking for gold and a lot of times I learn a lot about the item I’m listing right between buying it and listing it, so who knows if if I’ve made some dumb mistake? I LIKE the views because they help me judge whether there is any interest at all for something. Instead, I’m over here guessing. 

For the “and more”, I know summer is slow, but I’ve made about $30 in the last 4 days after listing a ton of items...what else could eBay possibly want me to do? I already offer free everything. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: I’m defense of views and more

@estep84_popsandmore wrote:

I’ve made about $30 in the last 4 days after listing a ton of items...what else could eBay possibly want me to do? I already offer free everything. 

I am a firm beleiver that sales come from listing what buyers want, not from doing what eBay wants.  And IMHO "free everything" only gives you an edge when you are also priced competitively. 

For example, a search for Star Wars Infinity 3.0 starter WII shows 100+ competitors priced lower that yours, in a search that also shows only 60 sold listings in the last three months almost all of which sold for less that your asking price. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I didn’t do what eBay wanted for about 45 days and made 12 sales in that time, all $17 or under, so the firmness of your belief doesn’t make a huge difference. No offense, I’m sure you speak from your experience. Also, now I know why I didn’t sell that one item after 14 hours. I price how I’ve priced for about a year and my sell through rate usually hangs out around 1-2.5%. If I fish for a higher price and there’s no interest I adjust. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

That's a really bad sell through rate
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@estep84_popsandmore wrote:

I’m seeing a lot of “You don’t need to see your views...” if I were out here sourcing 100% amazing same-day sale items everyday, sure. I’m not. I’m rooting around in stores that charge you for trash looking for gold and a lot of times I learn a lot about the item I’m listing right between buying it and listing it, so who knows if if I’ve made some dumb mistake? I LIKE the views because they help me judge whether there is any interest at all for something. Instead, I’m over here guessing. 

For the “and more”, I know summer is slow, but I’ve made about $30 in the last 4 days after listing a ton of items...what else could eBay possibly want me to do? I already offer free everything. 

Agreed . Views  are as important to me as well . I make the jewelry I sell here  and a lot of the time  they are individually unique.   I have nothing to gauge the public interest other than  in the view count  and of course how  well  they sell . tulips 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

We've had 1 sale in the last 8 days. Usually we would have 15 to 20 a week. It appears that some sellers seemed to have lucked out and have been placed in a wonderful sterile selling environment where all these bugs don't affect them, which is why they can't understand what is happening.

Well, we wish we were that lucky and eBay wanted to protect our business.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Throw me to the wolves and I'll come back leading the pack.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@lyan9337 wrote:
That's a really bad sell through rate

Not all all. Depends on what you're selling. We were still pulling in 150 grand with that sell through.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

No, it’s not. 5-10 sales daily @ 350 - 425 listings isn’t bad. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

What works for me may not work for you.

I need to see my views. If I need to revamp a listing, Lower a price, Change a title, re-do a picture, I determine those issues by views. Or lack of views.

If views are not important for you? That's great. That's wonderful. I need em and want em and in addition, I'm paying good money for views and other things here on ebay that are not working.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I think the only eBay views we have these days are other sellers and they aren't buying......

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Definitely. I get so frustrated in not having them I forget that I’m paying for seller tools. Views are the first metric that I and EBAY use to determine the performance of my listings.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply